By grounded4life - 22/07/2009 21:31 - United States

Today, I tried to make my mom feel better about me leaving for camp for 2 weeks by saying I wish she would come too. She took me seriously and called the camp and is now a camp counselor there. The only problem is I lied about going to the camp, and I'm really going to my boyfriend's lake house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 360
You deserved it 83 476

Same thing different taste

Top comments

barty5858 0

well at least you learned that lying is bad

your mum is scary if she took that seriously

Comments

i was wondering that. young enough to go to a camp but old enough to go to a boyfriend's lake house? probably band camp.

I am wondering that too. With a username of "grounded4life," I'm guessing she's still under a lot of parental control... which means... spending two weeks at your boyfriend's lake house without your mom knowing seems a bit fishy.

no not really. im only 16 and i spent two weeks at my girlfriends house 1500 miles away, my never even spoke to her parents or asked any questions really. but my mom did call her mom twice for like 30 seconds.

#50 you have pretty shitty parents. I'd NEVER, EVER send my 16 year old kid to their bf/gf's house FIFTEEN HUNDRED MILES AWAY when I don't even know the parents.....

I had a similar situation, in that they never knew either of my parents, but they knew me (I made the journey there first), and I happened to be really close to her mom. She had no problem with the arrangement.

BULL. Wouldn't your mom be paying for the camp? Somehow I think parents are very involved in kids signing up for camp.

The bitch is probably signed up for some sort of camp, but decided to be trampy and head over to her boyfriend's lake house instead.

cheer_leader247 0

wouldnt that have backfired even if her mom didnt find out, becuz im pretty sure the camp would have called her parents if she didnt show up...

abbylee143 0

She probably took the money from her mom with her.

I would have been on your side, minus the part where you lied......

sucks4you5 0

YDI for lying but ur moms kinda crazy so that suckss

If you actually signed up and your mom paid for the camp, then YDI A LOT. Don't waste people's money. If you never actually signed up, YDI for lying... even though I'm guessing you probably had reason to think she wouldn't allow you to go if you had asked. Don't get me wrong, your life sucks, but... it's nothing that you don't actually deserve for straight up lying.

well you shouldnt have lied.........but ur mom is really weird for actually taking you seriously

wait.. does this mean she still hasnt figured out yet? cuz the FML didnt say that but your username kinda explains it

BikerMike 0