By Anonymous - 04/03/2015 18:20 - United States

Today, I had my first concert and was really anxious about screwing up my performance. Good news: I played fine. Bad news: as I walked off the stage, I tripped over my own feet, face-planted the floor, and busted my nose open. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 770
You deserved it 3 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a smashing performance that would have been!

Well when you meet people after the show, you're usually supposed to break the ice not your body.. Hope it heals well though!

Comments

Well when you meet people after the show, you're usually supposed to break the ice not your body.. Hope it heals well though!

tayymeds 23

Well, that's one way to get famous.

At least most people in the audience won't forget your performance for a long, long time!

What a smashing performance that would have been!

hippodankamus 22

This comment made me think of Nigel Thornberry. Thank you.

OP needs to change the band name to smashing noses...

This is actually one of my fears- just walking right off stage or something. Sorry OP, hopefully no one laughed and you'll live it down eventually. Feel better!

Good job on the playing, but it's never over till the fat lady sings. ;)

Oh goodness! I hope it was behind a curtain at least!

I'm sorry to hear that OP! But I bet your performance was smashing!

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Eminem had it worse. no one starts out perfect, how you face your fears is what defines you as a performer.

and other people have it worse than eminem. your point?

Although it wasn't implied that, that's what op fears, it was a humiliating moment. There's a bigger picture here, it is that no one performs perfectly and eventually you'll get better. Maybe op won't trip next time... And maybe you'll capitalize the next time you comment too.

I'm sure people will talk about it but hopefully it will be the music they remember. It worked out for Mark Wahlberg in Rock Star.