Hush

By furious parent - 03/07/2019 18:00

Today, I caught my mother telling my 11-year-old daughter that if she wants to be happy in life, she needs to start exercising now, because fat can creep up on you, and rich guys never marry fat girls with nice personalities. I was fuming. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 065
You deserved it 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should tell her to study hard and make something out of herself. Then she doesn't need a rich man.

courtalex 5

As someone who has a body image issue and did growing up... sit your child down and explain that’s not true. That can really **** a kid up. And set boundaries with your mom. She’s toxic.

Comments

You should tell her to study hard and make something out of herself. Then she doesn't need a rich man.

courtalex 5

As someone who has a body image issue and did growing up... sit your child down and explain that’s not true. That can really **** a kid up. And set boundaries with your mom. She’s toxic.

blondie45 21

Your Mum is right though... the truth hurts... (expecting a few thumbs downs here 😂)

LostSoul 19

You are an idiot who is clearly insecure. No smart secure person would buy that.

he is wrong but his coment doesn't shows any kind of insecurity, i'm sure he is just trolling

It’s not about her chances to get a rich guy but whether this should be her objective or not. Any girl should have the self-respect to take care of herself and I hope every girl has the self-esteem to actually chase her dreams. Waiting for a rich prince charming isn’t a good idea. Technically speaking you might be right and fat girls might have smaller chances with rich guys (I have no personal experience in this regard), but paraphrasing Ian Malcolm portrayed by Jeff Goldblum I would like to say "too many girls are so preoccupied with whether they could get a rich guy, they don't stop to think if they should".

dumbassbitc4 3

Wtf people nowadays are so superficialitie

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

i would do anything to go back and exercise as shes right people don't need education nowadays as you can just sit at home and do instagram and get paid

LostSoul 19

I exercised all my life. I have a brain. Was always thin. I gained some weight while on meds. I has more men interested in me with the weight gain than I could ever have imagined. Way more than when I am thin. Guess what? Dont need them.

tounces7 27

She's probably not wrong, but who needs to marry some rich douchebag anyway?

Get her away from your daughter, she's seems like an extremely toxic influence

i mean your mom isnt too far off 😂