By Guess - 21/11/2009 19:10 - United States

Today, I told my boyfriend of nine months that depression runs in my family and I think the reason I've been flipping shit so much lately may be that I am depressed. Not five minutes later he decided a break would be "the best thing for us right now." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 348
You deserved it 9 045

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well he's right. I mean, maybe you should figure out your mental health issues instead of worrying about a relationship anyways.

devendra_fml 0

to be honest, i would probably break up with you too. maybe not five minutes later, but he's not obligated to be with you just because you're depressed.

Comments

AntiChrist7 0

Girls only love assholes. YDI

to #48 "and depression isnt a disese, its not contagious." SERIOUSLY??????????????????????? diseases are ALWAYS contagious???????????????????????????? I don't know where the hell you're from, but diseases aren't always contagious. Learn to speak (and spell) before opening your mouth. You're all pretty stupid. If depression runs in the OP's family, she has a pretty big chance of having it. Depression isn't contagious by contact, but you can say that it's "genetically contagious". Same goes for the "if you were depressed you'd know it" Again - SERIOUSLY??????????????????????? A lot of people affected by depression are in complete denial, which is probably why many of them kill themselves because they refuse to take the right treatment OP, if you think you might be depressed, get it checked out. It's not impossible. **** the guy, you'll find someone who supports you.. not everyone gets freaked out by depression (etc.) but it can be a normal reaction. so do what you can to figure out a way for you to deal with whatever isn't going right.

Siince Depression is a chemical imbalance, so take your medication, go to therapy, and STOP whining about some boy who didn't want to handle your bagage. I (as a woman) wouldn't have put up with it!

Depression is a illness that defines the weak and the strong. You can keep living your life blaming all your misfortunes on your 'illness', excusing every bad day with 'i forgot to take my medication' and expecting sympathy from everyone, OR, you can realise depression is all in your mind and has effected most people at some point in their life. You can overcome it yourself if you break out of your cycle of self pity and actually start trying to make things better for yourself. Stop relying on other people for help and help yourself, ffs.

Depression is all in my mind? Really, no shit? Seriously. That's why they call it a mental disorder, dumbass.

(#23) True. I'd expect it's caused more by a somewhat heritable pattern of central neuroaxonal guidance, but that builds tendencies; it doesn't make people 'flip shit' in and of itself.

This guy wants to be treated. With respect. He may want to take a break talk to other people to see for sure if he truly wants to pursue the relationship further. I am not a psychologists but I am sure that depression does not cause people to mistreat others.

YDI, for using depression as an excuse for being a bitch. Also, YDI for expecting him to stay with you despite being unhappy, just because the thing causing his problem may or may not be that you're ****** up in the head. I am clinically diagnosed depressive, bi-polar 2, with an anxiety and panic disorder... however, I'm pretty good at not 'flipping shit' just because of it... The reason doesn't matter. You're making excuses for yourself, and trying to get him to stay with you... even though he isn't happy. If you cared about him, you'd want what is best for him- which would be to get away from you, possibly. Also, it might be best for you, as well, so you can get your own shit straightened up. If you're not happy with yourself and your own life, you won't be able to make someone else happy. Take the time for some self-reflection and improvement. Get put on lexapro or some other antidepressant... or suck it up and stop making excuses for your innate bitchiness.

friends with benefits is the best way to date an emo depressed girl. otherwise the tears will mess up your clothes, carpet, sheets, and uplolstery everywhere.

myhairynutsack 0

Your boobs were probably not big enough to be worth the hassle. YDI.