By Guess - 21/11/2009 19:10 - United States

Today, I told my boyfriend of nine months that depression runs in my family and I think the reason I've been flipping shit so much lately may be that I am depressed. Not five minutes later he decided a break would be "the best thing for us right now." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 348
You deserved it 9 045

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well he's right. I mean, maybe you should figure out your mental health issues instead of worrying about a relationship anyways.

devendra_fml 0

to be honest, i would probably break up with you too. maybe not five minutes later, but he's not obligated to be with you just because you're depressed.

Comments

Depression does is not hereditary. You are a lier. You want to be able to act immature without consequence.

Depression isn't hereditary, but other conditions, like bipolar disorder, causes among other things depression.

sanghellis 0

he is kind of an asshole, but it was better that he broke up with you earlier, than like 6 onths into being there for you.

kaitlyn3xo 0

because you blamed your anger management problems on depression to try and get him to stay with you...ydi

dopebaby420 0
brunettegurly 0

exact thing happened to me, only his mom made us break up because of HIS depression. I have it too, shes a bitch

maybe he already wabted to break up with u. just cuz ur depressed diesbt mean he has to stay with u

I'd leave you too... "waaah I like to whine for attention!"

athena3100 9

Depression is just a bunch of bull shit! Its just an excuse for people to sit on their fat asses all day and act sad! its all shit.

There's a flaw in your argument: being sad isn't fun. In fact, it's the opposite of what people like to be. Why would someone intentionally sit around being sad? Wishing you could do something to make yourself happy for once and being completely unable to is one of the worst things I've ever experienced, so I don't quite get why you think it's desirable... Medical professionals call depression a real mental disorder. Or are doctors who go to school for 10+ years also full of shit?

Depression is in fact a clinical issue. Pills are stupid though. You should do thing txht make you happy and by dumping you that asshole might've put you in for worse. Depression is a true and horrible thing to experience and people saying that it's whining probably never had depression thanks to their perfect lives. I'm not saying I've necessarily had it but I know it's a painful thing to endure and I've seen it. I;m sorry for you and those assholes that say it's for attention just don't get it.

levifire 5

speaking from experience if he doesnt want to support you he can go to hell and you deserve better just do things that make you happy and hopefully your family can help you and depression is not just for attention for whoever thinks it is can go die in a hole as far as im concerned