By fecal romance - 23/11/2013 10:32 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I swallowed and nearly choked to death on the ring my boyfriend hid in my wine glass. It's still in me somewhere, and my doctor basically told me that I'll have to "keep an eye on things" if I want to find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 697
You deserved it 5 954

Same thing different taste

Comments

Omfgitsmia 15

I have to ask why he didn't stop you from chugging it all knowing he put it there?

How was he to know that OP would chug the glass? (If that is what OP did.) Maybe he excused himself for a moment and op drained the glass before he returned?

Omfgitsmia 15

I would think he would stay and monitor the glass considering his plan. Besides. sipping and chugging look completely different and unless the ring was small, she had a ways to go before she ingested it.

Helldemon 32

If the ring had some weight to it, as soon as she started chugging it could have slid into her mouth before the bf really had a chance to say anything.

Well, you can guarantee its safety for at least 6 more hours. Nobody will want to steal it! :)

figures101 5

What if she had said no? That would be one craptacular situation.

Well, were you sipping it or gulping it down ...? I mean it's still a dumb idea to hide a ring in a drink but I'm assuming that the reason it's put in wine is under the assumption that the person will just sip it. Or maybe I'm wrong.

From my experience, even when you're sipping wine, you gulp down the last drop (because you have to properly tilt the glass to get the last bit out, right?) And if the ring was concealed in that last little bit of wine, I reckon it would have been easy to swallow all in one. (Plus if it had been like complimentary wine which sometimes restaurants provide if you tell them you plan to propose, they basically only give you enough for three mouthfuls, half-filling really thin glasses) In which case, the boyfriend should have really prompted her at some point. Like "look in your glass" or whatever, before she swallowed it all!

cryssycakesx3 22

if it were at the bottom, it'd clink around.

55 I agree, surely if someone put something like a ring in your drink, as you neared the bottom, wouldn't you feel it against your lips, tongue, teeth etc. OP must have just opened the hatchet and downed the glass for a bottoms up.

that's a shitty situation. sorry, i didnt see anyone else say it so.. i had to :3

So... You didn't bother to read any of the other comments first? Brilliant.

Girlie7 11

R u gonna wear it when u find it?

No, she is going to flush it down the toilet and demand a new one.

Girlie7 11

did you chug it? I don't see how you can swallow it if you're drinking normally

Why do people still do this one? This always seems to happen.

RedPillSucks 31

You've seen this happen before?

at least you'll have an interesting proposal story (: sorry you will be digging through all your feces. :/ be thorough!