By fecal romance - 23/11/2013 10:32 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I swallowed and nearly choked to death on the ring my boyfriend hid in my wine glass. It's still in me somewhere, and my doctor basically told me that I'll have to "keep an eye on things" if I want to find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 696
You deserved it 5 953

Same thing different taste

Comments

Ooooh, good luck for when that comes out... Hopefully you and your boyfriend will engage in conversation about how nearly killing you is not a romantic gesture.

Really guys? Sigh, she said engage... I assume I shall escort myself out...

jensen21 19

On the bright side, he proposed.

You're supposed to sip wine. Not chug it. YDI.

She might have been nervous because she had an inkling of what was going on and therefore drank it fast. Or it could have been red wine. You never know.

I don't understand why people think it's a good idea to propose by hiding the ring, especially in something you're eating or drinking. Especially in a drink, where you're even less likely to see it and it can so easily be gulped and swallowed. If you want to do a romantic proposal (and your partner would respond well to it obviously) then that's fine, but these techniques are just asking for trouble!

sometimes people have trouble thinking up original/unique ways to propose, Ops' partner decided to go with a classic/tried and true method. It may seem to be a less than ideal outcome at the moment, but in time it'll become an anecdote that they'll laugh about together for years to come.

Girlie7 11

I really pity you....and also your boyfriend...he must've spent a lot on the ring for it to end up in shit

perdix 29

I've heard that mining for diamonds is a shitty job -- but this is ridiculous!

Hopefully it's not a bloody diamond...I mean blood diamond

MrBoredomioo 18
AdamTB 26

You just HAD to say it, didn't you?

upallnight11 19

it does have a certain ring to it, don't you think?

upallnight11 19

How romantic, he's a keeper for sure

I think the bf deserves an A for effort. At least he tried to be romantic, some people don't even put any effort into such a momentous occasion.

Choking on an engament ring is a pretty romantic way of dying I guess... Good luck finding the ring, though!

Engagement* Why did I notice my typo only now ._. Shame on me.