By toe - 03/02/2015 03:14 - United States - Sullivan

Today, I stole my brother's fuzzy slippers for the day as I usually do. Too bad he had been anticipating this and had left a mouse trap in one of them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 578
You deserved it 45 086

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why don't you just buy your own damn slippers? YDI for being a cheap thief.

Comments

DrMario_ 16

A mouse trap is just too far... Custard, or some other gooey substance, but not a mouse trap.

Why not a mouse trap? The little ones aren't powerful enough to break a bone, but they do hurt like hell and leave a bruise. A gooey substance would get all over the inside of the slippers and they'd need to be washed, horrible idea.

Yeah I agree with #15, I wouldn't go as far as ruining my own slippers.

Ouch, I guess your toes are looking real ugly now... Oh well, now you got caught red-footed.

gintwinsmoore 20

You seriously deserved that. Really, why dont you just get your own slippers? You could have avoided this entirely and not been a thief on top of it all.

Sometimes no comment is just the best....

Because I knew some dumbass would ask me. Looks like you're the winner.

Damn thief you deserve it wear your own damn slippers

Sorry, but that's what happens when you steal your siblings slippers.

Everyone who votes YDI is a lick ass...I'm sure there was a time in your life when you borrowed or "stole" something from a family member without asking (like an article of clothing) and you gave it back afterwards. If the OP wore their bro's slippers "as they usually do" - Meaning, they've done it more than once and nothing ever happened while wearing them, the brother obviously doesn't actually have a problem with his sibling using them and the mousetrap was just a practical joke because he knew the OP was going to wear them that morning. That's just my take on the scenerio...

My sister used to take my clothes without asking, keeping them for months and then forgetting they were mine. Wearing the slippers 'as he usually does' doesn't mean that the brother approves of it, just that he regularly does that. Might as well just get his own slippers then. Hurting your toe by mouse trap is a bit overdone, but not undeserved.

Even if you were right (and I doubt you are) the OP still deserves it. If his brother doesn't mind him taking his slippers, he shouldn't get pissy about his brother playing a prank on him.

Well here is my take on the scenario. OP said "I stole ... for the day as I usually do" This to me says he steals his bothers slippers everyday for the entire day. If it was just once and awhile that wouldn't be bad but everyday is way overboard. Op needs to get his/her own slippers. OP I say YDI because it sounds like you do this everyday. Get your own slippers.

#27 Actually I never have and neither have my siblings. We ask if something is okay to borrow from each other beforehand. It is just showing some respect to each other and not invading each others spaces/rooms. OP really should have asked and, more to the point, have gotten their own by now if it's so frequent. This is just my view though.

SuperMew 22

@#27: I hate this argument that people have about 'borrowing' stuff from your family. My sister used to do this all the time with my clothes and I hated it. It would cause the clothes to wear out twice as fast, the shoes would feel weird because her feet were shaped different than mine. In the end, my parents were always like "learn to share." I hated it. I don't like having my things taken without asking. So, while a mouse trap is a rather dangerous lesson, learn to ask to borrow not just assume its okay because you share a last name.

Moral of the story.. GET YOUR OWN DAMN SLIPPERS.