By bruhandbutercup - 03/02/2015 00:08 - United States - Hyattsville

Today, my boss informed me I couldn't go on my "vacation" because he's leaving for one of his employees' weddings. That just so happens to be my wedding, for which I'm taking the vacation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 217
You deserved it 2 777

bruhandbutercup tells us more.

Thanks guys for the support and funny comments. I spoke to our manager and asked her to clear it up with our boss. Luckily he was willing to listen to her so I received an apology and a raise!

Top comments

Uninvite him to the wedding, then he has nowhere to go. PROBLEM SOLVED!

dragoongirl90 34

Your boss sounds like the kind of stupidity which makes this world so wrong. I'd go anyway.

Comments

Somebody rushed to be first, you might try reading that again and seeing if your comment still makes any sense at all.

You even changed your comment and that was the best you came up with?

Poor shippingboat, don't you know that was his first EVER comment! Welcome to FML - we're a friendly bunch. There are, however, a few rules: 1) poor grammar is not tolerated. 2) the word shitty is not tolerated in comments about any FML relating shit. Following it with the word "situation" results in a lifetime blacklisting. 3) #1 #2 comments should be funny or clever or both. Anyone who says "first" or "second" is shot on sight. 4) Perdix and Docbastard are FML ubermenschen - criticize/mess with them at your own peril. Personally I rather like Welshite's material. 5) We thumb up/down or press YDI on whatever the hell we want, don't bore us with comments like "why is that getting thumbed down" bla blaaaa. 6) Comments this long are generally boring and ignored. Sorry to all. Enjoy!

Shippingboat since this is your first ever comment we'll let you off the hook. Welcome! For the future, though, here are some FML basics: 1) #1 #2 comments should be funny or insightful or both. 2) Poor grammar is not tolerated. 3) the word "shitty" is not tolerated in any FML relating to shit. Following it with the word "situation" will result in immediate blacklisting. 4) Perdix and Docbastard are FML ubermenschen - mess with them at your peril. Personally I rather like Welshite. 5) We thumb up/down or press YDI on whatever we want. Don't moan about it, don't make comments like "why is that getting thumbed down" bla bla. 6) Don't ask what words/abbreviations like "OP" mean when a simple Google will answer you. 7) Public flirting is boring for everyone else. Private messages exist for a reason. 8) Moderators will take down anything that gets reported, fair or not (judging by what happened on this thread you've probably already worked that one out ;) 9) Comments this long are boring and usually ignored. Sorry to all!

Shippingboat since this is your first ever comment we'll let you off the hook. Welcome! For the future, though, here are some FML basics: 1) #1 #2 comments should be funny or insightful or both. 2) Poor grammar is not tolerated. 3) the word "shitty" is not tolerated in any FML relating to shit. Following it with the word "situation" will result in immediate blacklisting. 4) Perdix and Docbastard are FML ubermenschen - mess with them at your peril. Personally I rather like Welshite. 5) We thumb up/down or press YDI on whatever we want. Don't moan about it, don't make comments like "why is that getting thumbed down" bla bla. 6) Don't ask what words/abbreviations like "OP" mean when a simple Google will answer you. 7) Public flirting is boring for everyone else. Private messages exist for a reason. 8) Comments this long are boring and usually ignored. Sorry to all!

Preach 27! love it. (PS hope this doesn't classify as public flirting)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Yup it's official. You need a new boss. Good luck op ..!

Uninvite him to the wedding, then he has nowhere to go. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Maybe you should just remind him of why you were going on vacation. If you don't go, no wedding, and HIS vacation will be ruined. Might work.

He's probably not planning to go to a wedding at all; just using it as an excuse to make his "time off" trump whatever reasons OP has. Of course there's that little flaw of forgetting who's wedding it is! I'd love to have the opportunity to call someone out like that!

Bit of a catch 22 isn't it! If you cancel the wedding, your boss doesn't have to leave and you can go and get married! But then your boss would have to leave...

Did this make sense to you when you typed it?

That's why he called it a Catch 22... (Ok I see you edited it. Before that you questioned how OP can get married if they cancel the wedding)

I know what a catch-22 is, that doesn't mean #7 thought it through.

Sounds like he's planning on having a good time on his little wedding break. It would be a shame if something were to...happen...to his invitation.

dragoongirl90 34

Your boss sounds like the kind of stupidity which makes this world so wrong. I'd go anyway.

My dad once fired a manager because he saw that it was the worker doing all the managers work so he was you're out and promoted the other guy immediately good guy dad

UhHuhHoney 20

Address this to your boss, make him look more of a fool.

Address your boss, human resources, your bosses boss, etc. If you have honeymoon planned, I would still go regardless; say you're taking your vacation anyway, call out sick, deal with whatever punishment after. Good luck OP!

Talk to him about it. Maybe he doesn't know it's your wedding

If OP's boss is attending the wedding.. I'm pretty sure he knows who the wedding is for (I'm assuming OP was the one who invited his boss).

Look at it like this the boss could be a very busy guy who is invited to a bunch of wedding, parties, and such he could just forget

sylverdrag_fml 9

Define "busy". If he is invited AND going to so many weddings that he doesn't even know who invited him, how often is he even at work?

What a dumbass. I would go anyways. Weddings happen once in a lifetime (hopefully).