By gottapee - 26/04/2011 23:11 - United States

Today, I stepped outdoors for a minute. The wind blew the door shut, locking me outside. I've spent the last two hours pounding frantically on the windows, trying to wake my 4 year old son who is inside. I can see him sleeping soundly on the couch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 691
You deserved it 6 023

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go for a walk and smell the roses.You don't need to be inside. Just don't get run over by a goat.

He's pretending. Shout through that you've got some money and toys for him. That'll get him to open the door.

Comments

she was pouning on the door and I'm pretty sure that's louder than a phone ring and I'm guessing she threw some yelling in there too so the doorbell, also useless.

Hmm.. people don't know these kind of doors exist? That kind of lock is called a night latch or rim lock. They have a little handle on the inside but are key operated from the outside unlike a cylinder lock which, generally, requires a key to lock it from either side. I have a cylinder lock front door which still automatically locks when shut which I had never seen before.

when i read this i thought of paranormal activity as well

F the kid's life. He'll wake up to a crazy lady banging on the windows.

xojessayox 4

at least you have your phone or computer with you^^

Ydi op... You should have known your door locks when it gets closed and adjusted it so it didn't before you went prancing around outside...

You couldn't go to a neighbors house to borrow a phone in a two hour period? If your kid was sleeping through pounding on the windows, he's not going to wake up. No way he was faking for that amount of time. YDI for not using common sense.

idd say kick down the door and fix it ounce u got in

ShekaDoll 4

At least you can see that your son is safe.. which is surely your primary reason for trying frantically to get in... right?