This is terrible!

By Baddad - 24/11/2019 20:00

Today, as I stepped out the door and heard it lock behind me, I realized I had forgotten both my keys and my baby inside. There's no other way in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 026
You deserved it 1 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What kind of door locks automatically like that? I must have a really old house... older than I thought. :O Seriously though, if you knew your door would do that, you should have taken keys with you.

Comments

no. call a fire brigade to do it safely. could get glass on the baby otherwise.

Depends on where in the house the baby is. Find a room without the baby and smash the window. But better to make sure you have keys in hand before stepping out the door. Doesn't she have to engage the deadbolt?

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

Are you gonna pay for the window?

What kind of door locks automatically like that? I must have a really old house... older than I thought. :O Seriously though, if you knew your door would do that, you should have taken keys with you.

They make electronically-actuated dead bolts, but usually those also have a keypad for typing in an access code. They also make locks that stay locked from the outside but can be opened from the inside without resorting to a key. These are more common in office buildings.

Sady_Ct 37

I have one of the second locks, locks from the inside, on the door that comes off my carport.

We had a dead bolt and a doorknob lock on our house growing up. My mom had the habit of hitting the button on the doorknob on her way out the door. It was so much a part of her routine that she would lock herself out at least three times a week while doing yard work. I eventually had to hide about ten keys outside the house so she could find one and prevent me from having to leave school/work to let her back in.

E2dav 5

depending where she lives, a burglar may not be too hard to find

Don’t feel bad it can happen if you have a lot on you mind I would check to see if a window is unlocked and climb in. Otherwise call 911 Depending where you live you should hide a key outside your house or see if you can leave a key with a neighbor or if you live somewhere where there is a management leave a key with them( or see if they have a key to let you in, most do to do maintenance work) If you have to smash a window it’s not the end of the world, your baby’s safety is more important.

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

This is why you should tell babies how to use keys

Leviathene 34

I've been locked out of the house by my own child. Accidents happen, don't feel bad. Luckily, my house was almost broken into a few years back so I stole that guys idea on how to break into my own home when I'm locked out. Beginning to think that hiding a key may be a better option...

I can’t believe people would say you deserve that

Mathalamus 24

You should be arrested for that. No excuses.

sel3578898553255 7

Buy a lock box like the realtors use. Inexpensive

Hey sometimes pregnancy brain stays with you after the baby is born so you aren’t stupid for being forgetful