By something - 16/02/2019 18:00

Today, I was walking home from school and my stupid brother who comes earlier then me locked the storm door. I ended up trying every other door for 3 hours in below freezing temperature. I was numb everywhere. I rang the bell and my brother opened it. He was home the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 354
You deserved it 2 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your brother goes home earlier than you, would it it be logical that he would be there to open the door? And how do you lock a door with no lock? And if it was that cold and you really couldn't figure out how to get inside, why not go to a neighbor's house or a store close by to call your brother and wait?

Comments

crazycrochetlady 12

But that would make sense and then OP would have no material for an FML. OP ydi for not using your brain.

If your brother goes home earlier than you, would it it be logical that he would be there to open the door? And how do you lock a door with no lock? And if it was that cold and you really couldn't figure out how to get inside, why not go to a neighbor's house or a store close by to call your brother and wait?

Why didn’t you ring the bell in the first ten minutes or so? How did he lock in with no lock? How many ******* doors do you have that it takes three hours to try them all? You probably have frostbite of the brain.

Am I the only one who finds it funny how OP calls his brother stupid, then promptly mixes up 'then' and 'than' and tells us a story about the person coming home earlier being home?

Nhayaa 21

In french a lot of people write "sa" (possessive "her") instead of "ça" (it). In english I can see that a lot of people write "then" instead of "than". You don't help us understand you, you know? Well, whatever. Couldn't you just knock or ring from the beginning? 🤔

Where were you expecting your brother to be if he's usually home before you? And doorbells were literally invented so people inside the house could be alerted that someone outside wanted to come in, so if your door with no lock was locked (I'm assuming by magic), why not ring the doorbell first instead of trying every other door for three hours on what I can only surmise is a massive mansion? That, or whoever put so many doors on your house has a door fetish.

Obviously he was home if the storm door was locked and can only be locked from the inside. Why don't you have keys to other doors? There is so much wrong with your FML that I feel you have issues living life in general, and you probably won't make it to adulthood.

tounces7 27

Your brother "comes earlier than you"? I feel like being locked out in the cold may be the least of your problems.