By anonymous - 24/04/2009 19:50 - United States

Today, I started my period. I am getting married tomorrow. So, not only am I going to be on my period for my wedding night and honeymoon, my best friend has to help me change my pad because my dress is so big. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 098
You deserved it 9 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's why you go on birth control so that you can use it to safely delay or skip your period. it's part of wedding planning 101.

grazynaanka 0

It likes to come at the worst possible moments. This is going to sound gross but, if you and your new husband want to do the deed, use a female condom. And hey, at least you know your bestfriend is a true friend!

Comments

zander09 0

Tampon? I'm a guy and I know this!

Cassia_events 0

2 hours or so? Um, not unless you get the lites when you are heavy. The box says 6-8 hours and that's always true for me

if you have a heavy flow sometimes even the super ones only last you for 2 hours or so.

xxkakyxx 9

Maybe she chose pads for the day for the sake of not having to make her friend put a tampon in her? That would be 20 times more awkward.

You should look into menstrual cups! They're reusable, silicone, and have no risk of TSS. It's too late for your wedding day, but maybe you can pick up Insteads at a Walgreens or something, you can use that for the honeymoon. Congrats!

Well, your wedding is probably over by now, but for the future, can I put in a word for menstrual cups? If you find one that fits you well and your flow isn't too heavy, you could probably go a whole day without having to empty it. You have a very good best friend, lol.

Oh wow! That's awkward...for you, your fiancee and your best friend. Congratulations on the wedding though!

tkttjcccpgflu 0

Ooh, that sucks. Every time I'm doing something big, like going on a trip, I always worry about my period starting and ruining it. At least you're getting married though! You can always have a second honeymoon later :)

well, if you're a woman you should be used to your period by now so even tho it is your wedding day, realistically it should affect your day too much. Also, why not wear a tampon instead of a pad? longer wear...and tampons are much less disgusting.

rootbeerfanatic 6

If you're a woman lol. As opposed to a man getting a period?