By Tom - 26/06/2009 00:56 - United States

Today, I rushed home to tell my parents my girlfriend had accepted my proposal. They asked how I could be so selfish at a time like this. Apparently, Michael Jackson's death is more important than their son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 863
You deserved it 6 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, MJ's death was big news but family comes first.

Congrats! Soon you'll have a new family anyway.

Comments

theunluckyleproc 0

The world losing MJ was pretty bad news to fans everywhere so don't take it that seriously

Lurch420 0

Your parents suck. I was glad when I found out that cocksucking pedophile had died. Best day of my life!

blackbear6193 0

wow, no one thinks this was faked just to post an FML about Michael Jackson? sounds a little fishy... and those of you insulting the passing of an iconic man, id just like to say this: regardless of the allegations made against him, he had a revolutionary effect of the music we all listen to today. no one knows for sure if he molested anyone, so if thats ur only thing against him, drop it. #43's correct, he didn't chose to get lighter over time, but had to do something to try and fix his condition. and he didn't just give way to boy bands and music videos, but he inspired countless individuals to try and accomplish anything close to what he did musically. if you don't like his music, thats fine, but to blatantly insult a man who has passed on is just vile. my heart goes out to his family and anyone close to him. RIP Michael. the king of pop can finally get out of the spotlight and be at piece.

Haha:) But family should come first. Sorry dude. I think its weird how when MJ was alive everyone made fun of him, but now that hes dead, everyone pays tributes to him. MAKE UP YOUR MIND PEOPLE.

Ouch... this is the first fml that`s right with jackson`s name in it. A lot of people seem to forget he was a performer not their best bud or neighbor... even forgetting the stuff he was accused of (that I believe he did pay off at least one family for even) he is not someone they know. Yes Jackson did some good music but get real idolizing famous people above your own kid`s engagement... people cheering on the family for doing that and all need to take a step back and think a moment. Congrats to you on your engagement, hopefully your rents will come to their senses.

mylifesucks1232 0

Ewwwww...Michael Jackson is I mean was ugly.....but he was a good singer and dancer before

That's just straight up weird. Your family sucks, and it's not your fault that Michael's heart couldn't "Beat it". =D Oops, I hope jokes aren't TOO early.

RiverRelic 0

My inlaws told my wife (the youngest of 3 girls) that she should wait until the other 2 are married first and not be selfish. We ignored them. 19 years later the oldest is still single.

FYL. Unless your family are friends of his, there's no way the death of a celebrity should eclipse a major life event for someone they actually know.

It's sad for MJ, but you are their son. =