By Tom - 26/06/2009 00:56 - United States

Today, I rushed home to tell my parents my girlfriend had accepted my proposal. They asked how I could be so selfish at a time like this. Apparently, Michael Jackson's death is more important than their son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 863
You deserved it 6 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, MJ's death was big news but family comes first.

Congrats! Soon you'll have a new family anyway.

Comments

lingfeng 0

I honestly don't understand why people get so uppity and upset when celebrities die. I didn't know them, I'm not going to give a well-known celebrity any more attention when they die as I do when anyone else I never knew dies (not saying it isn't sad, but people cry and get all upset and crap when some celebrity dies... Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, etc.). I'm not going to get more upset about a celebrity dying than I am over the amount of people dying everyday overseas. >.o

Why is it that the whole world is falling apart because Michael Jackson died? Yesterday everyone was still making jokes about him being a pedophile. No offense to Michael Jackson, but people are reacting way too harshly to this. The news should not be covering it 24/7, the internet should not be turning into a shrine to Michael Jackson, and people should not stop caring about their family because of his death. He shouldn't be thrown aside, but engaged son > death of random celebrity that they didn't even personally know. People who say YDI for this are idiots. FYL.

technobutterfly 0

@slimchaney: that's messed up.

ziqi92 0

RIP to the former king of pop, but seriously, family should come first so fyl i thought his music was pretty good and its sad that he is no longer in that industry, but congrats on ur engagement. now do not invite ur parents to the wedding to get them to wake up and smell the coffee. i wonder, why is it that whenever ppl witness something hella depressing they begin ignoring all the happy stuff around them? depression can be pretty blinding...

fxdxhk90 0

Dude that really sucks. Just on this website, I cannot believe how many people are saddened by the death of a pedophile.

You proposed to a woman on the same day as MJ's death?? Hahaha, sounds like you're off to a great start!

MJ's death was pretty shocking and unexpected, even to people who aren't fans (like myself). However, they should have showed more support for you, dude.

did you hear about the little boy who came out of the hospital that day? he said Michael Jackson really touched him

brrrx 0

I can't believe all the people who are voting thumbs down to the first bunch of comments that say "so what? MJ was amazing." Seriously, that's pathetic. Now because of your selfish views and obsessions with alleged (and not proved) child molestations, the opposing opinions are buried? He was NOT FOUND GUILTY of child molestation. Did he molest you? No. Did he molest your child? No. So back off. OP: It's not always about you. Deal with it.