By stachattack - 23/12/2017 15:00

Today, I reassured everyone at work that the mark on my lip was just a pimple, not a cold sore. It's actually neither. I, a 21-year-old young woman, slipped while shaving my moustache and sliced off part of my lip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 906
You deserved it 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

neuronerd 28

Everyone has some degree of facial hair. Also, by shaving, you're exfoliating and creating a smooth surface for makeup if you wear it. I know several women who shave from time to time for that exact reason, including myself. No need to feel embarrassed, OP. You'll heal up soon.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
PhantomCrevan 8

And the winner of the creep award is... this guy right here. Your award is staying a mandatory minimum of fifty feet from all life forms. Next time someone tries to say that women being wary of guys on the internet are being "irrational" or "too sensitive," I'm showing them a screenshot of this.

neuronerd 28

Everyone has some degree of facial hair. Also, by shaving, you're exfoliating and creating a smooth surface for makeup if you wear it. I know several women who shave from time to time for that exact reason, including myself. No need to feel embarrassed, OP. You'll heal up soon.

manb91uk 22

Ah well, just grin and bear it - you’ll be fine!

Lobby_Bee 17

Wax it next time, at least the hairs won't come out thicker.

julfunky 29

Shaving doesn’t ACTUALLY cause your hair to grow back thicker. It just appears that way.

Waxing increases your risks of ingrown hairs and infections.

Try waxing/threading it off. It grows back slower coz you pulled it out from the root and not the skin surface and if you do it enough times, you may end up damaging the follicles enough to permanently reduce growth.

Where the hell do you work that anyone would give a crap?

PhantomCrevan 8

Any industry with interaction with consumers or with a need for high sanitation.

What would it have mattered to your fellow workers whether it was or was not a cold sore, otherwise known as HSV 1? Will you be kissing anyone on the mouth?