By Anonymous - 26/08/2010 09:16 - Canada

Today, I realised that every morning my girlfriend gets me to help her put on a locket her ex-boyfriend bought her on Valentine's Day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 577
You deserved it 4 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So what? If its a fancy locket why wouldn't she wear it? That doesn't mean anything - get over yourself!

So why don't YOU buy her something she can put on every morning? Nothing's stopping you.

Comments

So? As long as it hasn't an "I love you forever" inscription on it, or a nude picture of her ex in it, what's the problem? That she likes the locket doesn't mean she likes her ex in a loving way. Get over yourself, and if you can't, buy her a pretty necklace.

If it's not engraved, and there are no pictures in it, then she is probably wearing it because she has worn it for so long. Until she finds something as nice, casual and simple as that locket, she will probably continue to wear it. It's hard to find something that won't break, and looks good with most everything. If it has pictures of her ex or an engraving on it from him, then you should worry.

#20 Agreed! Buy her something prettier that she'll want to wear instead. :)

man if you do not buy a beautiful neckless for her your destiny help her to carry ex and future b/f presents...

maybe it's rly pretty? I don't think she means anything by it (:

So what's she supposed to do, throw it out? You're way oversensitive.. geez

It's probably not that it's pretty at all. If she wears it all the time it's because it's casual and she is used to it. Pretty things stay in the jewelry box except for on special occassions. It's great if you get her something pretty, but remember to make it something that she can wear all the time, or else in a day or two it will be back to the locket and your piece of jewelry will be set into her jewelry box, and she will say that she is saving it for a special occassion.