By cutthroatkait - 05/08/2014 22:44 - United States

Today, I picked up an extra shift at the store. It was also the day the store's ventilation system shut down, resulting in carbon monoxide poisoning for me and two co-workers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 770
You deserved it 3 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CrassKal 27

I'm glad you're in good enough health to post this FML.

Workers' Comp ? Best wishes for prompt recovery, OP.

Comments

What horrid luck :( I hope you and your coworkers feel better soon

FroggerForReal 11

I hope you're OK now OP. I guess it was the wrong time and wrong place not much could have been done really

Bet that shift left you out of breath

Epikouros 31

Don't worry, they say it's a very comfortable way to die.

it's one of the most UNCOMFORTABLE ways to die

Comfortable or not, most of us don't want to worry about dying when we go to work.

I love comments like this. "They say..." is normally an opening into a totally uneducated or badly researched opinion sprouted as fact.

That is terrifying. Hope you're feeling fine and can make some money out of the ordeal!

You have my sympathy OP, I recently got heat stroke at work, without leaving the building, since our air conditioning broke. With at least 6 machines with large motors going and two food warmers and an oven going, well it certainly felt hotter in the store, then outside the store. It's a little better now, but still not good enough.

Queen_of_Night 20

I'M NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO BE HERE TODAY!!!

Queen_of_Night 20
Queen_of_Night 20

Seriously, OP I wish you and your coworkers luck in your recovery. And despite what people will tell you I would hire a lawyer as you boss will try to give you the lowest amount possible regardless of what your actual prognosis is.

Did the store have carbon monoxide detectors? Carbon monoxide poisoning is a silent killer. I'm glad you and your coworkers got out in time.

I'm not sure where OP is from, but where I live we have a law that requires you to have CO detectors because it is so dangerous.

Why does nobody ask why the hell you got so high carbon monoxide values in a store?