By weneedthatmoneytoliveon - 26/06/2013 14:08 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I overheard my mother Skyping with her new "boyfriend" about the $1,000 she just sent him. She barely knew what internet dating was three weeks ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 153
You deserved it 3 618

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Your mom sounds like she shouldn't be permitted unsupervised access to the internet. That being said, can I date her next? I have a car note that needs paid.

I can imagine her reaction when the guy stops responding to her messages...

pwnman 33

OP, I'm glad that you have more understanding of the rights and wrongs. Forget the fact for a moment of, that she sent him $1000 from online dating. Three weeks, and sending someone cash, as your BF? WTF!!?

True love right their... over the internet.. -.-

who would send a stranger that much money?? lol

Ughh this happened with my friends mom. She gave him a new iPad and he broke up with her like right after.

Soon she will learn how it feels to be a victim of a scam artist. Be there to support her when she finds out.

perdix 29

Sounds like you're jealous of your mom's natural talent at Internet dating. The old bird found a boyfriend within 3 weeks?!?! Good on her! She even found one that accepts cash -- she must be really good at this.

chezgigi 7

What you need to do here is become a 'rival' for her affections- Find a great picture of some guy, invent a personality for him, and start hitting on your mom. Then, she will be sending YOU your rightful inheritance. Voila!