By Anonymous - 16/03/2012 06:02 - United States

Today, I managed to staple my finger while showing my kindergartner class how to properly use one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 370
You deserved it 24 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

K_kanaka 26

Well OP you have shown them how not to use one

I'm sure the kindergartners loved to see that...

Comments

You are teaching children, and yet can't spell "kindergartner?" This is why I fear for our youth.

NightAnimal 1

I think you meant kindergarten, not kindergartner, 14. Also, kindergarden is the accepted term in Mexico. So if OP is from anywhere else, then it's wrong.

perdix 29

#27, that's just ******-up Spanglish. The year in school before first grade is "kindergarten" (literally, the children's garden in German) and the kids are "kindergarteners." When you seek to teach, get it right before you explain it to everyone else, otherwise you're going to end up pregnant with staple wounds.

NightAnimal 1

Dear #30. Would you, in plain English, call in a preschool class or preschooler class?

You didn't spell it correctly either Einstein. *Kindergartener*

no I doubt anyone would call a kindergartner a preschooler because preschoolers go to preschool not kindergarten

Kids go to kindergarten before school. In that sense I think they can be considered PREschool.

desireev 17

No. They are not preschoolers! There is Pre-K, Head-Start, Preschool, Kindergarten, T-1, then 1st grade. Preschoolers are the children about to go into Kindergarten. Not the kids who are already in Kindergarten.

I always had infant care, preschool (age 3), pre-K (age 4), kindergarten (age 5), then 1st grade and on. No head-start or whatever where I lived.

I had 2 years of preschool which could also be called pre-k. Then kindergarten. Then first grade. None of that other shit. And preschool and pre-k were the same and there were 2 years of that

I was over here thinking the same exact thing

I bet their parents were real happy with the new words you taught their kids when that happened.

Squishypenguin 0

#16 your picture worries me :(

Why are you showing kindergardners how to use staplers? That's a bit dangerous and you seem to have proven it.

perdix 29

I guess you are using the same teaching technique as the pregnant abstinence-only Sex Ed. teacher. It's certainly more entertaining than teachers who do everything right.

When you used "managed" it actually sounds like that's what you were aiming for.

Maybe you shouldn't be teaching kids to do anything...just saying

Those who can; Do Those who can't; Teach Good luck with that teach...

My daughter is in kindergarten, so if you were her teacher she could teach you her first ever word, which I believe is the proper word to use in that situation. Let's see how many people get THAT old FML reference.