By Anonymous - 18/09/2014 15:38 - Taiwan - Taipei

Today, I'm so broke that I had to call in sick to work because I couldn't afford to pay my bus fare. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 431
You deserved it 5 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have to go to work to pay for school but I usually have to miss school to go to work :/

Comments

Everyone saying OP should have walked to work: not everyone lives in walking distance of work. Some people live a town away. If he could walk then he would have done it. Secondly, if he can't afford bus fare then he obviously won't be able to afford to buy a bike right now. So he's pretty much stuck unless he can phone a friend.

Very true, but its just like the conversation I had with my boss today. Call work and tell them you don't have a ride and see if maybe someone will give you one.

N3ssie 8

A classic case of having to spend money to make money.

XBurytheCastleX 25

You don't need tv and you don't need internet. Get rid of the two until you are financially stable. I am questioning your sanity right now OP :|

I sort of know how you feel OP, I'm doing an apprenticeship so I'm on well below minimum wage and can barely afford my bus pass every month to get to work and back. I would walk it to save money but it's 8 miles away so I'd be spending about 5 hours a day walking there and back, and I don't feel my tiny wage is worth exhausting myself for. Hope things get better for you.

I can't remember which politician said it, but it sums up this situation: "Jobs are supposed to get people out of poverty, not keep them in it." I know how you feel, though. At my old job, I lived in fear each month that I wouldn't be able to pay for gas to get to work, let alone afford food and other bills. I ended up accepting another job that was further away than my previous job; however, because the pay was 60% higher, it ended up allowing me to save money in the process. Try finding jobs nearby that would pay better as well as allow you to save money; use this "sick day" to your advantage and research other job listings in the area.

lendon01 1