By Anonymous - 18/09/2014 15:38 - Taiwan - Taipei

Today, I'm so broke that I had to call in sick to work because I couldn't afford to pay my bus fare. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 431
You deserved it 5 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have to go to work to pay for school but I usually have to miss school to go to work :/

Comments

so now next payday you'll miss three days work, because your check is smaller, and runs out earlier. next time walk.

you do realize that commute with car or bus happens because the distance is not a walking distance! duh!

#102 or because people are lazy, or its easier. i drive to work even though i could walk. distance is not the only factor of catching public transport.

So instead of walking to work or trying to find an alternative to get to work you decide not to go into work which will leave you short of funds next month due to a day off. Op should invest in a bike, save him money and keep him fit in the long run ?

vintageart1994 16

Seems like you gotta figure shit out. calling out of work is going to help put money in your bank account.

Everyone saying OP should walk to work isn't considering something vital - not everyone lives and works in the same town. Many people these days travel great distances to get to their jobs, some in towns an hour away. OP probably doesn't live in walking distance or he would have surely done so.

I used to live somewhere very rural. No public transportation. I actually had to quit a few jobs because I didn't get paid enough to cover gas back and forth, or car insurance. That sucks. I'm sorry. Things will get better.

martin8337 35

Look into a monthly bus pass. It might be less expesive than paying bus fare every day or 5 days a week. Best of luck to you.

KaywinnetLeeFrye 15

That sucks but you probably should've walked or asked for a ride. You'll never get ahead if you don't go. Ya know?