By Anonymous - 18/09/2014 15:38 - Taiwan - Taipei

Today, I'm so broke that I had to call in sick to work because I couldn't afford to pay my bus fare. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 431
You deserved it 5 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have to go to work to pay for school but I usually have to miss school to go to work :/

Comments

Britt125 16

You didn't have anybody you could borrow money from or something, because I mean you're too broke to afford a bus fare that's I'm assuming only like a few dollars but you're going to take time off a job that's going to pay you a lot more than that so you can keep having this problem over and over? Maybe you need to look at other expenses and their necessity or something if you're honestly that broke and have no way to like borrow the money or something. I do get it can be really difficult, but unless you have paid sick days you're only hurting yourself by taking time off because you can't afford bus fare. You're just going to lose even more money and be even more broke then you already are. You gotta figure something out. Heck I had a manager who would make sure his staff got into work if they were that desperate, he'd pick them up and lend them money (or somebody in the store would if we could get them there), or do whatever he could to help. Maybe you need to admit to your boss why exactly you can't make it, I mean... you might not want to either it depends on the boss I guess some would not take well to that excuse but maybe it's something to consider.

Walk then. By the time you got to work, you could have asked to borrow for the next day from a coworker til payday. Not going in just means you have even less money next week.

Well at least you had talktime balance on your phone.

ViviMage 38

You are staring a vicious cycle! Get to work!

Funny reading this because I'm in the same boat. I'm sorry. your not alone. just know it will be a memory one day.

I had to do that once.. but like someone else replied... ask a friend for bus fare... its better to owe the 2, 3$ then to lose out on the 100$, or so, for the day. best of luck.

quarterbird 18

Geez... Sorry to hear that. I hope that things turn around.

Done that. Sucks when it's that time of the payday month.