By joanikens - 14/11/2016 07:20

Today, I was so broke, I couldn't come up with enough change to pay the parking meter at my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 236
You deserved it 1 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nonexistentguy 7

You make college students look wealthy

Damn. I've been broke as hell before too but not like that. You got it.

Comments

Nonexistentguy 7

You make college students look wealthy

Guess it's time to check the seat cushions for change.. Or start applying for jobs.

Hey guys just a little back story I actually have 2 jobs, one in the morning, one in the evening. I just started the evening job and I had to buy some slip resistant shoes to work there, which took a big chunk of the money I was hoping would hold me over until I got paid for my original job. The evening jobs is in Beverly Hills and everyone has to pay for parking. There's a waitlist for the employee parking so I have to pay for parking in some form each time I come in. It's taken the majority of my money this week because I haven't figured out the best areas yet but tips have been helping a lot. Some of my co workers have told me they received multiple tickets because of not being able to move their cars in time, not being able to find a spot, etc.

Jeeze I'm sure. It's like that in our area too. At least you haven't gotten tickets so that's a plus!

Damn. I've been broke as hell before too but not like that. You got it.

Hopefully things turn around for you!

The change you need is a job where you get free parking!

I always keep an eye out for broken meters to park at. "Not my fault that it won't accept my money".

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Beg or borrow. But whatever you do don't lose your car. It's way more expensive. Trust me!

...you have to pay for parking AT YOUR JOB? They don't provide parking for their employees? You're either missing out on one of your job's perks or they're doing something possibly-illegal. I'd look into that.

OP posted a reply above with further info. There is a wait list for the employee parking lot, so paid parking is required until an opening is available.

& why your employer doesn't have designated parking areas for employees?! definitely fyl for paying parking fees to go to work to be able to park your car.

May not apply, but keep an old parking ticket or envelope of one, and put it under the wiper. I've never done it, but seen it in a movie and wondered if it works myself.