By Anonymous - 24/02/2010 14:20 - Israel

Today, after months of searching I finally got a job interview. Too bad I didn't have enough money to buy a bus ticket to get there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 295
You deserved it 4 242

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You also didn't have enough money to walk there? Or ring the neighbours doorbell to ask if you could use their phone to ask a friend to take you there?

And you don't know anyone with a car that could have given you a ride? No friends or family or neighbors? Also, I don't know many people that don't at least give you a day or two before the actual interview... If you wanted the job that bad, you would have begged, borrowed, or stolen to get to the interview.

Comments

bleedinginside 0

srsly dude use those Jewish legs of urs

I thought Jews were good with money? In fact, that's all they're supposed to be good with... He must be the rejected Jew, and the victim of this racial stereotype.

Hahaha, I got moderated for pretending to be racist. Every time you delete my comment another sarcastic satirist is born!

how the hell did your resume get somewhere you can't go? why send it there in the first place?

bigtony916 0

Isn't having reliable transportation, part of having a job?

And of course you dont know a single person who could give you a lift.

sugarbabyxoxo 2

it's called your two feet! unless you don't know how to walk? it obviously wasn't that important to you.

How are you so sure that the interview was within walking distance?

amart402 0

everything is within walking distance. it just takes time. and how are you going to keep the job if you can't even get to it?

Everything is within walking distance? What if OP is an overweight, unfit person who starts panting after 5 minutes of walking? Stop generalizing.

boatkicker 4

Snick is right. I know plenty of people who commute 50 miles to work every day. Good luck walking that distance in time for an interview.

@20 then they should lay off the twinkies and use the money to take the bus the interview. plus even if try are fat and useless everything is still in walking distance it might just take them much much longer but that is their fault.

The reason for their fatness doesn't necessarily need to be food and not all fat people are useless. Even if the person is very fit, healthy and athletic... not everything is within walking distance.

snickerfudles 0

Maybe he doesn't have friend not everyone is as popular as you snickerdoodles

walking? okay.... be realistic people, unless the OP's work place is around 5 miles away, it'll take a while to get to and from your location

Or maybe they can arrange a phone interview? Unless it's in your city. Then you're ******. Borrow money from a friend for fare? Risk it by asking craigslist? Dunno, but you gotta get out of your broke situation somehow.

Better yet, sell yourself on Craigslist.

Also, you don't want to be sweating from walking too far. You can pack a change of clothes in a briefcase, but you can't pack a shower.

snickerdoodles, are you in a bad mood today? Your comments are getting snippy.

snickerdoodles literally said exactly what i was thinking. OP, im sure there's someone you know who will be more than happy to drive you, especially to something as important as this. seriously, this is not an FML...

stinkytruck 0

in time? just figure out how long it takes to walk there and get the ole fat ass in gear. Or better yet just sit home and whine that you don't have a job. Lazy shit!

boatkicker 4

stinkytruck: I'm assuming that your "in time?" comment was directed at me, since I used that phrasing. A quick run of google tells me average walking speed is 4mph. If the interview was 50 miles away, which was the number I gave, that would take them 12 and a half hours, not counting any pee-stops, or stopping to eat. It also would mean you show up sweaty, and exhausted. Also, it would probably take longer, because after the first few hours, you'd be tired, and walking slower. Yeah, showing up for a job interview sweaty, tired, probably dirty or dusty from the road, sounds like the best way to get a job. Basically, anything over 15miles is NOT in walking distance, if you're talking about job interviews. If you were going somewhere that you didn't need to be clean and awake for, maybe things are in walking distance. Otherwise, no.

boatkicker 4

hahaha. You just made my day, Back_In_Action.

@snickerdoodles it's 12 times a day for me lolerrrz

but you clearly have enough for a $800 computer totype that fml on?

sammy, you're a retard, OP could have bought their PC a long time ago...

DiPsTiCk4462 0

for one America is obese and needs to skinny up and secondly snickerdoodles I'm sorry to say but pms is not real. take a psych class and find out for yourself

You also didn't have enough money to walk there? Or ring the neighbours doorbell to ask if you could use their phone to ask a friend to take you there?

And you don't know anyone with a car that could have given you a ride? No friends or family or neighbors? Also, I don't know many people that don't at least give you a day or two before the actual interview... If you wanted the job that bad, you would have begged, borrowed, or stolen to get to the interview.

There are plenty of people out there who don’t have family and friends, i.e. loners. The interview could have been pretty far, would you drive your neighbor to a job interview that was far? It’s kind of hard to find people willing to lend a hand these days. Also, each and every single FML on this website starts with Today. Try to understand, that does not mean that the incident took place the same day. Sure, it was stupid of the OP to not take the few days leading up to the interview to arrange a ride or bus money however it’s possible he did have time. Also, not everyone is comfortable begging. He might not have had anyone to borrow from. Stealing? Yes, I’m sure the risk of being prosecuted is worth the job interview. My advice? Go flip burgers at McDonalds till you can afford a bus ride.

I know they all start with "Today." I was referring to the same thing you said: He could have used that time to figure something out. It's rare someone says, "Come in later today" for an interview. I just know that even in my loneliest days (I can be extremely anti-social when in a situation out of my comfort zone) I still found people when I needed to get somewhere. I understand not being comfortable begging, but if it means THAT much, you put your pride aside. Also, as many have pointed out, if it was that far, how was he going to make it to work if he DID get the job? Even if he's paid weekly, he'd have to wait 2 weeks before he got any type of paycheck. Im someone who is extremely uncomfortable with borrowing or letting anyone pay for me. I would rather overdraft my account than let people help me out, but when it came to my current job, I forced myself to put aside my pride, begged my sister for a car, begged my mom for some money and drove the 7 hours to make the interview here. When you want it bad enough, you find a way. Also, "Beg borrow, or steal" is just a phrase people say. I don't actually expect the OP to steal from people, lol

Hm, I do agree with you my friend. Alright, I retract my comment.

youthink_fml 0

You're just lazy and don't want to work. Anyone could have found a way to get there, somehow.

it's called walking. or there's this great invention that let's you talk to people who aren't there- it's called the telephone. you could've called a friend or family member.

Bus tickets can be bought, but your dignity can not.

YDI for not planning ahead. Unless you got a call saying "be here in 20mins", you should have been able to find a ride.

...and just wondering, if you would have gotten hired, how would you have made it to work the first week before you had gotten your first paycheck?

Erindub 0

Why did my comment get deleted? There was nothing inapproiate about it