By gabby - 16/06/2012 20:36 - United States

Today, I'm driving cross-country with my parents. As if the stifling heat isn't bad enough, they keep stopping to admire, comment on, and practically do a photoshoot in every corn field we pass. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 208
You deserved it 2 502

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"This is a once in a lifetime experience, children. Oh look ANOTHER corn field!"

Comments

zach5tay 2

Your family must be from a rather large city because I hate break it to you, most of the country is a corn field. It's going to be a long trip.

ArielTheMermaid 17

I love all the Indiana comments :) but it's funny cuz it's true. We have too many cornfields

Yeah, gotta love it :) If I walked in any direction out of the small town I live in, within a mile would be a cornfield lol.

ArielTheMermaid 17

Yeah same here. There are many cornfields just here in my town

First world problems... Hey, let them enjoy themselves. You're privileged to have a vacation. And they paid for it, more than likely. Let them do as they please.

Well enjoy spending time with them while they are still around, you'll regret it when u grow up and look back and wish u could turn back time.

If I could turn back time . . . If I could find a way . . . *cue music*

It really amazes me how selfish kids are sometimes. Do you realise, OP, that your parents may not actually get much of a chance to get out of the house and work and actually have some fun and see the world? They've spent, I'm gonna guess, about 15-17 years looking after you and probably working very hard, hopefully. Try to show some appreciation and let the folks enjoy themselves occasionally, hey?

Sorry for the double post, it didn't seem to go through the first time.

be happy and grateful that your family can afford a cross country trip. atleast you have had the oppurtunity to travel out of your state

It really amazes me how selfish kids are sometimes. Do you realise, OP, that your parents may not actually get much of a chance to get out of the house and work and actually have some fun and see the world? They've spent, I'm gonna guess, about 15-17 years looking after you and probably working very hard, hopefully. Try to show some appreciation and let the folks enjoy themselves occasionally, hey?