By ej6901 - 23/06/2015 20:00 - United States - Ventnor City

Today, I left my dog in my car for 5 minutes while I ran into a store. The car was running so he was fine, the thing that wasn't so fine is that when I walked out my car wasn't there. My dog somehow moved my car into the middle of a intersection, almost causing an accident. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 812
You deserved it 19 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dantee2005 33

Take away his license until he learns to be responsible.

colvindj 22

I'm just trying to comprehend the fact that your dog apparently moved the car while it was parked.

Comments

How dose your dog 'accidentaly' move your car into an intersection? Must admit, this one's just plain stupid. :/

Honestly to everyone saying that the dog would have been fine; there have been cases where dogs HAVE died in 5 minutes. The car heats up quickly to a temperature hotter than that on the outside of the car and leaving a window cracked hardly lets any cool air in (even worse on humid days) Even if the A/C was on before OP shut off the car, that doesn't stop the car from heating up eventually. I hope and pray to God that none of you have dogs to leave in cars like that.

christinamarie17 29

I feel like the difficulty level of the dog having moved the car really depends on A) the dog and B) the model of the car

Your "5 minutes" could've gotten the dog killed in a hot car at least tether the dog outside the store

SilverInGray 25
Britt125 16

Never leaving your car running and unattended, and never leave your dog unattended in it even for 5 minutes, especially if it's at all hot. Sure if it's running with AC on it help combat the heat a bit (that still only does so much. I still wouldn't really trust it), but it's a good way to get your car stolen. I don't know how many times I've heard about a stolen car and somebody saying "Oh I just left it running for 5 minutes while I ran into the gas station/bank/whatever". And your car can heat up A LOT in only 5 minutes, they did a test on the news and it was I think more than 10 degrees in only 5-10 minutes and it wasn't even that hot of a day a bit hot but not too bad iirc. I don't remember exactly. And that's using a celsius scale, it would be probably more like a 20 degree increase in Fahrenheit. And it's hard to say you're only going to be 5 minutes, it could get busy, or there could be technical difficulties or something and just a couple minutes can make a lot of difference.

get him a license and hire him as a chauffeur

Sorry to hear OP, also sorry that people are blowing this way outta proportion. Ignore the others who just wanna go on about facts and make you feel worse than you already do, as long as the A/C was on you tried. We don't know the full situation, just glad the dog and car are OK.

I clicked "YDI" before I even got past "I left my dog in the car"

Maybe you forgot to put it in park, or the brakes are shot?

pleasedie 22