By Anonymous - 21/09/2009 14:26 - France

Spicy
Today, I learned that "Je suis excité" does not mean "I'm excited" in French. It means "I'm sexually excited"... more or less. I've been doing a lot of exciting things and using it a lot the past two weeks. With my French friends, people I meet, and especially with my host family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 843
You deserved it 14 371

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry... I'm a native French speaker, and "je suis excité" isn't that bad and can be used with non-sexual things as well

Hahaha, they must think you have some great fun ;D

Comments

DeadMansCrack 4

I think it'd be weird to be saying "I'm excited" all the time anyway...lol, but don't sweat it, I'm sure they know what you're trying to say.

I did the exact same thing when I moved to France, lucky for me my host family burst out laughing the first time I said it to them and told me I shouldn't say that.

I don't see the problem.. you mean it wasn't true? :o

Actually , it DOES mean that you're excited ( it doesn't necesarily mean that you're sexually excited ) . it all depends on the usage of the phrase .

Relax, things like this are all part of learning a language. We loved these ones from a Japanese friend of mine - "I had an exciting time with her." "Is she fine?" "Did he get off in the car?" (he meant "get out of", oops) and the classic, "I love nuts!" We all share a laugh, he learns something new about English, life moves on.

oompaaa 0

no it dosnt you was right the first time it means "i'm excited ..****** idioit

Emriss 0

You're one to insult people's intelligence you moron. The literal translation of the phrase is indeed 'I'm excited', but native speakers still take the meaning in a sexual sense. Just as, in English, the word molest actually means 'to bother or harass', but most of us native speakers understand it and use it to mean 'to sexually harass'.

It can also be taken as "I'm sexually excited", you douche. OP, I don't think your French friends will think much of it if they know you're not familiar with the language. It's not like you said 'Tu m'excites' or anything.

lem0n_fml 0

you can't even speak english correctly, i don't think you should be calling someone a "****** idiot" when they're still in the process of learning a second language, jackass.

My friend just did that last week in our french class! our teacher was like uhhh noo, you mean je suis content.

est-ce que est vraiment francophone? Ou juste une autre grenoullie qui utilise google?