By Anonymous - 21/09/2009 14:26 - France

Spicy
Today, I learned that "Je suis excité" does not mean "I'm excited" in French. It means "I'm sexually excited"... more or less. I've been doing a lot of exciting things and using it a lot the past two weeks. With my French friends, people I meet, and especially with my host family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 843
You deserved it 14 371

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry... I'm a native French speaker, and "je suis excité" isn't that bad and can be used with non-sexual things as well

Hahaha, they must think you have some great fun ;D

Comments

actualy, I'm excitee in french is j'ai hâte. All of my school classes are in french, and due to that my brain is partially in french.

Umm.. it doesn't mean sexually excited, but whatever. It depends on the circumstances kind of like anything else. A better word is in fact "hâte", but people won't think you're too weird for saying "excité". Not that big of a deal.

haha so u went around all week telling everyone that you are horney?! wow ur life sucks

First of all, "je suis excité" doesn't mean you are sexually excited. It meant exactly what you thought it meant. I'm a french canadian, I would know. What kind of douche told you that?

Parisian French is different from Quebec French.And yes, it can be taken in a sexual way.This FML is from France...learn to read. |:

I do agree that french from Quebec and from France do have differences...I'm reading Twilight in french, and it was translated in France and I agree that I would not have the same expressions as them (I'm from Quebec)...but that being said, usually verb tenses mean the exact same thing in both, because they are not expressions, they are the basis of the french language! just a thought :)

I would love to see transcripts of your conversations in English. Person: What do you think about going to see the Arc de Triomphe? You: I'm sexually excited! Person: ...

I'm a native french speaker from Montreal, Quebec...and we use ''J'suis excité!'' all the time for instance, if you're excited for an event, or if your favourite band is coming to the city, or if you're a crazy Twilight fan you can easily say ''Je suis tellement excité pour le film'' and such! don't worry, you didn't look like an ass :)

thatpianoguy612 0

will: do you know the French word for foreplay? Carlton: no... will: that's cuz there ISNT ONE

Viexdexmerde_fml 0

We can say '' Im exited'' for '' Je suis exité '' its okay to say this in frenc depends on what u are going to say after! Im french so dont worry .