By thegoldenboy3 - 12/02/2009 12:14 - Spain

Spicy
Today, I'm in Spain, and told the kids with whom I will be working that I was excited to be working with them. Only the form of excitement I used apparently refers to sexual excitement. Basically, I told the kids I was sexually aroused to be working with them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 263
You deserved it 14 348

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yes, english speakers use "excited" to say they are happy with something. In latin languages such as spanish and portuguese to be excited is to be sexually aroused with something.

I did the same thing in my German class! I said I was "excited" to travel that summer in a paper, and my professor had me correct it in front of the entire class. Apparently most other languages use the verb "to excite" in that way. Heh.

Comments

ToastedOats 0

You should know the difference. I know the difference in my second language. FYL.

sassypants93 17

Haha you should know the difference between estoy exitado and estoy emocionado if you are in Spain.

This2Rudy 7

how do I fav this, where is the so called star

Toolbox on wheels with a built in airconditioner

Yes, english speakers use "excited" to say they are happy with something. In latin languages such as spanish and portuguese to be excited is to be sexually aroused with something.

It's also sexual in French. Our French teacher didn't tell that to us until 8th grade of course, 8 years after we'd started speaking French. I have some regrets XD

I did the same thing in my German class! I said I was "excited" to travel that summer in a paper, and my professor had me correct it in front of the entire class. Apparently most other languages use the verb "to excite" in that way. Heh.

Seriously, you learn that in like first year Spanish. Learn the damn language. And before you tell everyone you are pregnant, make sure to look up the word for 'embarrassed.'

Idiot. Please check the gender of OP.

Hahah oh yeah "embarasado" means pregnant right? I've made that mistake lol

ahahaha honest mistake. i had a brain fart. oh well...

feelslikeanoose 0

You're lucky you didn't get arrested for that one!

nope. sorry. it's not peggy hill. it's Mike Hunt.

i mean i learned it before, it was a brain fart. don't act like you've never had it !!!

ahahaha yeah, i learned french in highschool.. but couldn't use it for my life. so i totally get the brain fart.. even if you know the language very well!!