By americanized - 22/11/2010 15:25 - Denmark

Today, I helped two people find the central station on my way home. As a thank you, they mugged me and stole my wallet and iPod Touch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 006
You deserved it 4 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LaFemmeQuiRit 3

OP, do you think you could help me move my couch into this van ?

DDPT2 4

911: What's you emergency? Guy: I've been mugged! 911: What did they take? Guy: They took my pockets.

Comments

Karma's gonna bite them in the ass pretty soon then, OP.

wDeemish 0

Don't walk around with strangers alone.. in a big city -.- or even small.. just don't :)

I do that all the time.. don't listen to her!

LaFemmeQuiRit 3

OP, do you think you could help me move my couch into this van ?

Is it just me or did some people go on a thumbs down spree...

CiaranPM 0

And this is why people can't help others.

Yup that's America for you hey 22 ignorance is bliss isn't it?

yeah i guess it's a thumbs down day today lol

YDI for helping people, for falling for the old "ask for directions" ploy, for using an Apple product, and for even having a wallet at all. Next time, keep your cash duct taped to your chest.

wwerulez14 6

Holy crap, I thought you died.

yusaku02 20

YDI for buying apple products

Unfortunately, situations like these (especially in a city) are when one might think about having and carrying pepper spray. I know mine is always in my purse, or in my hand when I'm walking alone (I'm kind of paranoid, but I often work really late in a less-populous part of town). Even if they seem polite, they ARE strangers.. It's good to be prepared.

Carrying pepper spray, even for self-defence, is illegal in Denmark, as it is in many countries.

Well, so is stealing ipods and wallets, but that doesn't stop people from doing it. I know carrying certain weapons (stun guns, etc.) or items to deter thieves/assailants are outlawed, but if it were me, I'd rather get away with my life and get a citation than be dead or robbed. And odds are, the muggers aren't likely to go to the police and say "S'cuse me officer, I got Mace-d when I was trying to take this guys wallet. Get him!" Lol, sorry if that sounded sarcastic but my opinion is that personal safety is a bigger priority than the off-chance you'll get searched and in trouble. And you're right Zeb, most places do consider them illegal weapons. As long as the one responsible for the personal safety device isn't acting like a complete idiot, understanding that it IS for defense only, then it shouldn't even really come into play until there is an emergency situation. I just think it's better to be safe rather than be sorry.

Oh, no problem with the sarcasm. You completely have a point. The thing is that in most places it's simply not possible to buy that sort of stuff, and if you try to bring it into the country with you, or have it sent in by mail, you have a decent chance of being busted. Besides that, many people would be uncomfortable committing a criminal offence to avoid becoming the victim of one. I see where you're coming from though.