By baffled - 22/08/2012 20:36 - United Kingdom - Norwich

Today, I had to slowly explain to my best friend that when babies are born, the umbilical cord is attached to the baby's belly-button, not the mother's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 521
You deserved it 1 851

Same thing different taste

Top comments

krazyapples9 4

And that is why we don't drop babies.

mintcar 9

Today, I had to explain to my 18 year old brother why babies do not drown in amniotic fluid. I share your pain, OP.

Comments

LittleGreenPaola 23

It happens. Last year I had to explain to a friend (20 years old) that hair only grows from the root, not from the end.

This is why I wish they would make health class a requirement again.

Pretty sure I've never had "health" class, we did however have biology. And common ******* sense.

DoxIxHAVExTo 10

So... things like sex-ed and learning about living with a healthy diet just came naturally for you when you burst from out of the womb?

24- my health class was all about smoking and lung cancer. That's it. My school was too catholic: they didn't talk about sex, just abstinence and it was stupid as hell. If I can exercise responsibility and do not share your same views, teach me to roll the condom, dammit. I hate explaining to guys "yes I'm a *****. No, put it on. I don't know how"

No, like I said... Biology. Once you're taught basic stuff there common sense will fill in the rest.

I took biology and health the same year. The main difference is in my health class we really did go in depth on how to live a healthy life. We learned all about child birth, sex, the gruesome STDs, how to get the best workout, the "commandments" for a healthy diet, and more. Biology is the study of life, and health is just a class on how to be healthy. I guess you have your parents to teach you that, however some parents have a problem teaching their children the in and outs of sex and child birth (Like what so clearly happened here) which is where health comes along.

In California we learn a brief sex Ed in 5th grade. Males have a penis females a ****** and periods. 6th grade it was taught for weeks! Then in high school had Heath class that included STDs and prevention. Our a biology went into the category too. Notvto mention that 12th grade anatomy and physiology!! Whew!

28, there are instructions on the condom box for how to put one on. You can also look for instructional videos online. It's an important thing to know if you are sexually active :)

40- all I know is to get the air out of the top. It's too awkward a thing for me. Besides, it keeps the guy more involved.

doglover100 28

My health class was about smoking, drinking, eating well and making good choices. All I know about sex is from the Internet, tv, movies and other teens. I still don't know everything. School has failed me in so many ways.

Yeah, that's definitely a common misunderstanding.... NOT!!!

perdix 29

You mean it's not connected to both? I should have paid attention in sex ed. I got distracted when they explained what a "********" was.

lilicoco_fml 5

Nope. The cord is attached to the placenta. Which is in return attached to the uterine wall. That's where it receives the nutrients for the baby. :)

ellytoad 13

I get the impression that explanations wouldn't make much sense with people like that.

Andree_Hi 2

You my friend , need to find a smarter bestfriend.

really? people on a whole nuther level of stupid!!!