By Awkward - 22/10/2014 00:36 - United States - Owings Mills

Today, I had to google the definition of transsexual just to know what the hell my friends were talking about. I need to read a book. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 618
You deserved it 28 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Greenteamextreme 16

Comments

How old are you? I can't imagine anyone older than a young teenager not knowing what a transsexual is nowadays... Regardless, you should be proud of yourself for making an effort to understand what it meant.

tazmanmike2013 17

FML OP. There's nothing wrong with a little innocence, I think the world today needs a little more of it. Now you know, so you have the opportunity to get educated.

Ok 14. Knowing what a transsexual is doesn't make you less innocent. It makes you know what a transsexual is. That's it.

askullnamedbilly 33

Honestly, I'd even go as far as to say that knowing the word transsexual is COMMON knowledge. There are a lot of very complicated terms describing sexuality and gender identity that not everybody needs to know, but there ARE basics that you should be familiar with. This is one of them.

tazmanmike2013 17

Why was my comment moderated? It wasn't offensive or confrontational. If the moderator would like to email me, I'd be happy to discuss this

Really depends on how old you are to tell if it's a YDI or FYL. It's actually quite common, in my personal experience as a transman, that (older) people don't know what the word means. After explaining most do know what it is though, but just didn't know the word for it.

Its good you did something about it by educating yourself. I'm now wondering, what the hell were your friends talking about?

I was on the same boat some years back...I thought transexual means a disease that transfered sexually...

I think you could stand to read several different books, for that matter.

PresidentNorth 16

Why? OP just didn't know what a word is. It be different if OP was sheltered all their life. But I mean a small convo and it gets brought up? Go be upset at uninformed people on a different website. Here we laugh and joke.

You (as well as other people who have replied) could also google the spelling: transsexual. It actually makes a small difference to the pronunciation.

Maybe you should re-read the FML. It's spelled correctly.