By Anonymous - 10/07/2012 16:06 - United States

Today, I had to drive the guy I've been seeing for the past few months to the emergency room. So that he could witness the birth of his newest child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 508
You deserved it 8 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've been seeing him for months & you didn't know he was going to be a father? You gotta ask more questions when you meet a guy!

"newest" child? Does that mean he has more than one? O.o

Comments

**** that, i would have made him get a cab.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

*Good to know he wants to be in his child's life. But throw him back unless you want to chauffeur him to his responsibilities for the rest of his life.

Taymah49 7

How many kids does the fool have?

unknown_user5566 26

Well, you know he likes kids already. Now you know you can start a family of your own! ;)

That's what you get for dating a sleaze

I hate when people don't put enough information on this thing. It doesn't say whether or not she knew.

I don't really know if whether or not she knew matters here. She's been seeing him "for the past few months". Pregnancies are 40 weeks, give or take. So it's not like he cheated on her and they'd been together for more than a year. It might have come as a surprise to her if he didn't tell her but hey, if she's just been "seeing him", it likely hadn't come up yet. Some people like to wait until things start to get serious before mentioning that.

It matters because if you've been seeing someone a few months thinking everything is fine and then suddenly you find out, as he requests that you drive him to the hospital for the birth, that he has kids then that would be extremely inappropriate. The initial shock followed by being thrown face first into his other life is just not on. I wouldn't say it'd be cause to end the relationship if it all works for you, but I can see how someone would want to walk away from that. That said, I really don't think that was what happened here. The way it's worded sounded like she knew about it, and the reality of it all is just hitting home for her.

thatoneguy79 10

16) that is one of the great things about FML; you get to pick the adventure. Did she know before hand? No! She had no idea why she was driving him to the ER on a moment's notice. How long have they been dating? Officially dating for only 4 months and 3 days (she's still mad he didn't do anything for the 4 month anniversary), but she has been sleeping with him on and off for a year and a half. Was it awkward? Not really; she got to see her niece for the first time as well. See how much fun it can be?