By Anonymous - 13/12/2011 20:26 - United States

Today, I had to convince my girlfriend that, no matter how much she makes herself burp, she won't lose any weight. She still doesn't understand why. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 385
You deserved it 3 954

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bargarlm 2

So she thinks she's full of air? That makes sense, sounds like she's an airhead....

Comments

Technically speaking, she is correct. Air, a combination of various gasses of Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Hydrogen, etc., does have mass and therefore weight. By expelling the gas from the confines of her body, she is reducing her overall weight. But, we're only talking fractions of fractions of a pound.

tehrealone 6
Ins0mau 20

Mass does NOT equal weight. Burping gass isn't gonna be heavier than air. So although it has mass, it is not effected by gravity and has no weight (on Earth anyway).

It depends upon the buoyancy of the gas. Warm air will rise so while its in her its providing lift which reduces her weight. We're talking fraction of an ounce at best. Or milligrams if you like metric.

Ferretface 13

45- Gas is still affected by gravity....

#45, Mass may not equal weight but when you lose weight, you lose mass. When you lose mass you lose weight. Of course they are not the same thing but they go somewhat together, so, #27 is correct. Also, I am not sure if you are implying this but, some gases can be heavier than air and some can be lighter. Gas is affected by gravity. If it wasn't we wouldn't have that much air here on earth and when you get higher (like in mountain range) the air won't get thinner.

#45, weight is measured according to gravity, and gravity is impacted by mass and distance from the sun. This is why gravity is different on different planets, and why the same person will weigh substantially different amounts on other planets. Therefore, while mass isn't weight itself, if you lose mass, you do lose weight.

icefshng8 9

Try weighing an empty balloon and a balloon full of air. The one with air will weigh a little more. A couple grams at most.

KRS_13 0

So wait does that mean since I talk a lot that partially why I'm like a twig? ...all these big words are making my 14 year old self nauseous

icefshng8 9

Well, do you burp when you talk????

Hair color does not determine intelligence.

desireev 17

Obviously because you can't spell "know"..

thatKidzmOm 10

Holy shit, we got a future quantum physicist here. |the kid|

Just tell her she is beautiful the way she is! Maybe that will make a difference.

brick_man33 14

tell her to eat a few boxes of laxatives, that'll make the pounds disappear.

Well that explains why my quick-fix weight loss plan isn't working!

why do u call that girl ur girlfriend?

Maybe they like each other. Or the sex is really good. Or something. We all have reasons for things, right? |the kid|

Really?...really? She sure is one of a kind haha