By AbFlab - 01/06/2010 04:35 - United States

Today, I've been dieting and working out trying to work towards some solid abs because I know my girlfriend digs that stuff. I've been miserable trying to achieve this goal, plus to make things even better while kissing today she grabbed my stomach and said "I just love your abs of... flab." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 795
You deserved it 5 224

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lol, poor you, at least she loves them!

Dude, abs aren't an easy thing to achieve. They can take years. Be glad your girlfriend was at least trying to be nice. And if youre miserable trying to get them, then don't bother anymore. Your girlfriend should still like you regardless of your flabyness.

Comments

hannahluvsyou 0

Lol, poor you, at least she loves them!

not really^ she's probs jokin around even tho it is mean sorry op

Uh so, she just has to suck up the way you are.

do 2-3 sets of 50-70 situps per night and you'll have sick abs in no time. the key is to do each set as fast as you can without stopping. take 3-5 minute break between each set. gl!

#7: actually, doing a lot of situps as fast as you can is more of a cardio exersice. To train the muscles, you better do slow situps and use a weight. Also, even the most well-trained thick abs will be invisible when they're covered with a half-inch layer of fat (and having a half-inch layer of fat is fairy normal, even with a slim build).

trueblue42 4

that's such a mean thing to say. make fun of her weight and see how she likes it.

phreshboi 1

maybe go apply for a job at a workout place so you can get discount like the guy above in the other FML and make sure you read the fine print and then tan but don't get burnt like the other person who's a retard

78euge781995 0

OP, tell her she's the one who wants to go to McDonalds all the time.

Don't be too hard on yourself OP. If you really want abs, do it for yourself. :)

kaitidid16 0

if it bothers you that much tell your gf not FML, if you don't speak up she may just keep doing it, GL OP!!

TaylorTotsYumm 10

Try P90X ! oohhh yeeeaahh

mona_is_here 10

44 no need to follow complicated programs, OP, just keep dieting and working out , don't give up too fast!! also ask your trainer maybe you're making some mistakes concerning nutrition plan etc. good luck with that, I believe in you. I know how hard it is when no one believes in your strength but i know you can .

in my opinion adding cardio helps but doing sit ups isn't gonna help much you have to add in other ab workouts that work the lower upper and obliques.

AquaSky 1
xlossofmex 0

18 is correct. Also an ab exercise I like to do is to lay on a bench longways with my legs hanging off mostly and pull my legs up to a perpendicular position to my upper body. Your body starts as a straight line. It works out a lot of muscles and is really good! Also, add protein to your diet (whey protein) to promote muscle development! You can also go to bodybuilding.com or tips.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I saw your picture and said ew for a good five minutes. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

actually 18 is not correct, only the weight part. it's better to do the reps fast becuase that's how your abs feel the burn/workout, going slow will only make em bulky, and if that's what your going for then nvm, but other wise to tone up you have to go fast

Fang_Banger 0
hbcbmx 5

dnt u hav another account....nerdsgetmehot

dphilipson12 0

omg p90x killed me...but I'm rock hard now... in more than one way ;)

#75 thanks for the backup! I have had a well defined 8 pack in the past so i know for sure my method works. I'm sporting a regular six pack now due to being laaaazy!

dont worry OP, theres more of you for her to love!

She obviously likes you still if she's with you! Don't be too hard on yourself! She was just joking.

knibbsy 4

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Keep telling yourself that Catherine...

Oooh, aren't you a hurt little soul. She probably meant well.

shurayuki 0

Thank you I'll tell him! Although he doesn't look very cute right now actually, he has scabies (I'm already treating him for it, don't worry) and it's giving him very higgledy-piggledy fur.

shurayuki 0

i hope he gets better soon!