By Nasu Johi - 06/09/2018 00:00 - United States - New York

Today, as a CNA, I had to go through the belongings of a patient. His phone rang and I answered - it was his boss. As I explained, he cut me off and said to "drop the act" and "he better be there now or he's fired". He was pronounced dead-on-arrival. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 603
You deserved it 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's sad that people have to work for a boss like that

Boyufd 24

Pretty sure its gonna be a worse day for the employer when they find out someone who worked for them died

Comments

Boyufd 24

Pretty sure its gonna be a worse day for the employer when they find out someone who worked for them died

blightsight 10

But only because now they have to hire someone else. that's all they care about

Paul B. Gyurcsanszky 14

His employer is gonna feel like shit when he finds out.

Being accused of lying and having to argue with a stranger over a dead guy sounds pretty frustrating to me!

It's sad that people have to work for a boss like that

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's not always that easy. Not everyone has the option to just switch jobs.

I, too, have chosen to work a job I don't like in order to put food in my mouth rather than starve.

Well...on the bright side he no longer has to.

Mr_Mole 24

Would you really answer the phone and tell some stranger on the other end that person was dead?

Yes, as it has happened to me. My best friend had literally just died, and I was holding his phone. One of his clients called, and I had to tell them.

Wow I am so sorry Bazoo. take care of yourself.

RN chiming in, we have to. Especially if we have no other way to get in contact with family or next if kin.

You should have told the boss that he could go **** himself as hard as you ****** his wife. Tell him his company is a bunch of losers and failure is imminent. Do you know how to sing “Take this job and shove it?” That’d be a great way to leave that shit job that has ruined the last two minutes of your life!

Why? That son-of-a-bitch stole 120 seconds of the OP’s life! He needs to hit the horrible boss with all he’s got!

LilyRose8 6

"I'd tell you he would care if you terminate him, but HE ALREADY IS."

Sorry you had to go through this unpleasant conversation. At least you won't have to tell the patient that they're fired. Maybe on the other side, we'll all have universal basic income and won't have to work for a living. Or there's nothing there, which is also fine.

smartjaguargurl 17

Well he’s gonna feel real bad when he realizes what happened...