By apple - 28/02/2010 18:57 - United States

Today, I had to clean out my room because I was having a sleepover. Only, I've not been in here for months since I've spent every night in my mom's room because I'm too scared to sleep alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 075
You deserved it 32 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I do not understand why you would have the urge to announce something like this to the world.

Comments

When she scared she scared! Its a sick dangerous world! Me i'd Show the kid us locking her windows setting the alarms and get two ways so that shed feel safer! Fear keeps you alive... If you don't have any fear then your either stupid or psychotic amd either way I dont want you in my crew!

what are you 8? grow up and get off the tit. YDI.

caisonaboat 0

Actually, I understand what OP is going through. It's likely she suffers from high anxiety as I did a few years ago. It's actually very common. It doesn't matter how old she is. Anxiety can take hold on anyone at anytime. It is not fair for anyone to say that she deserves this. Anxiety is a disease just like depression. It's treatable but it's very difficult to get through. I wish OP all the luck in the world.

melons122 3

i had anxiety and I have major trust issues but I still sleep in my room like a big girl. stuff happens, get used to it. she can't sleep with mommy forever

I find it really sad how judgemental you people are...it's just sad

ash92_fml 0

Hey, kid, don't listen to any of the jerks. I'm 26 and it was less than a year ago that I asked my mom to sleep in my room with me b/c of a serious anxiety attack. It doesn't matter how old you are--sometimes you need a little extra help.

caisonaboat 0

Jesus, the next person to ask 'How old are you' is going to get bitch slapped.

...I wonder,. how olddd... the OP..is ?

people shut up. he could have something on his head that I and a lot of other people have. he may have an extremely hard time sleeping alone because his brain can't desipher real and imaginary things. sometimes I get scared just seeing he preview to a scary movie.

You're not alone, OP - I understand what you're going through. I went through a period when I was 17 where I couldn't sleep alone too, thanks to getting terribly anxious and upset any time I was on my own for too long. The important thing, OP, is that you _need to get help_. Please find a good psychologist or psychiatrist who can give you the therapy you need. Good luck - you can get through this. Oh, and please ignore the people who are writing comments calling you names or insulting you - they are idiots. Unfortunately, a lot of people on FML are disgustingly unsympathetic - don't let them make you feel ashamed or upset.

christi002 0

Before you misunderstand, I'm gonna just start off saying I completely agree with you. But I don't know if I would put it in the way that you did. This person doesn't necessarily need to "get help". That's a very negative term and it will just make the OP close up. Something I might suggest is going to see a councilor, just to talk about this if you feel like it is a big issue. I personally think everyone should see a councilor now and then anyways, there's nothing wrong with it at all. If anything, it's nice to have someone to just vent to once in a while that is impartial to what you're going through. Anyways, good luck OP.

Okay, I apologise then - I certainly didn't mean anything negative by it. I just wanted to make it really clear to the OP how important it is that she doesn't feel like she has to deal with it by herself. And I guess the fact that I recommended a psychologist/psychiatrist rather than a counsellor might have seemed, I don't know, a bit 'over the top', but that's down to a prejudice on my part, I guess - I've never had much luck with counsellors. So yes, my bad, and OP, I'm really sorry if I upset you or anything.