By Venus - 26/04/2019 20:00

Today, despite the fact that I live with my parents and pay rent, my mom decided the best spot for my brother, his wife and one-year-old son was my bedroom. So I'm sleeping on the couch, because it would, "take too long to clean her room." FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 111
You deserved it 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So clearly you now get to ask your rent money back from those people living in your room and stop paying rent until you get back the living space you're asked to pay for. Don't let them walk all over you.

One would think that paying rent would give the person a bit of say. Besides the brother and his family could have gotten a motel room

Comments

They are guests, they get the bed. And you may pay rent, but it is not your house. Also, what kinda of a$$hat wants to put a couple and their baby in the living on the couch.

There are guests, then there is family that dont have to inconvenience you without your say.

They're her parents' guests, not hers. She's paying rent so the patents can't just put other people into her room that she pays for. Even worse that the only reason for that is that her mom is too lazy to clean her own room.

One would think that paying rent would give the person a bit of say. Besides the brother and his family could have gotten a motel room

So clearly you now get to ask your rent money back from those people living in your room and stop paying rent until you get back the living space you're asked to pay for. Don't let them walk all over you.

TxKitten79 10

That's when you drastically reduce the amount of rent you pay and tell your parents you refuse to pay rent on the room they forced you to give up.

julfunky 29

THAT IS WHAT YOU DO FOR FAMILY. Unless they’re staying for an extended period of time this is hardly an FML.

Yea what you do for family is inviting people over and throw your child out to sleep on the couch just so that you don't have to clean your own room. Makes sense.

Mungolikecandy 19

I guess that during this time the level of rent you are paying is going to be reduced.

Are they just visiting? Get over it. Moving in? Yeah I'd have an issue. How old are you?

As long as they are they don’t pay rent. Problem solved. Shave off any money you want for the inconvenience. As landlords they can’t do that to you because you’re their child. They’d be in the wrong if you were a stranger & they’re in the wrong now.

lj2000 5

1. Ur a bum sounds like. 2 if you can afford rent move out. 3. 3 people can’t sleep on a couch 4. Why are you still living with your parents if they treat you like this?