By metalflower01 - 11/01/2012 16:31 - United States

Today, I had to cancel my wedding. On top of being upset about the break up, I was informed I owed a $900 cancellation fee for not using the venue. Single and broke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 176
You deserved it 4 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be. ..$900 seems like a fair price instead of putting up with an unhappy marriage/divorce, which seems like where this marriage would have gone.

Comments

Hey I'm new can someone teach me how to message people I really want to meet new people!

I assume you cancelled in advance, so $900 is rather unreasonable. FYL, OP, but at least you're not stuck in a shit marriage, I guess.

Immoral 0

I'm sorry op Better luck next time :C

nillabear 0

Selling the wedding band should just about cover the financial cost... whiskey can take care of the rest.

yogamaster9000 0

If $900 makes you broke, are you sure he didn't catch you gold digging?

I explained in another comment that I was exaggerating the broke part. I actually own a business and do quite well for myself. I'm just upset, and I'm a woman... I added a little drama :/

xk75 4

You may have lost some money but you also lost, what, 100-200 pounds of worthless fat and hot air? the ex fiancé, I mean ;)

lishy1311 0

Yeah that's why you shouldn't get married; weddings cost a lot and divorces cost even more!

This has been a great FML. More like an on line therapy session. I love the feed back from OP. Remember...time is the great healer.

It is like free therapy. And thank you for being a part of it for me! Actually, I was crying this morning but I have been smiling a lot reading comments and such.