By I'mMike - 01/08/2015 20:19 - United States - Sebastian

Today, while at work, I mustered up the courage to talk to a cute girl. I asked her name, to which I replied with mine and that it was nice to meet her. She followed up with a dirty look and the fact she hates anyone with my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 319
You deserved it 2 022

arano tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here. Just wanted to clarify a couple of things: My name is "Mike," hence the name I used. I didn't call her any names or say anything witty back. I was honestly too dumbfounded by her saying that to me to think of anything, so I just walked away. Your comments are ******* hilarious though. They made me feel much better about the situation. Also I don't wear a name tag so when I introduced myself I couldn't really take it back. I like my name though, so she can shove it. (:

Top comments

you could've covered it and said it was your middle name you've always gone by, then you can come up with a really sick new name for yourself. like Sergio. I think shrek is the real winner though.

Comments

hahatofunny 20

Could be Kaitlin ( pronounced cat lin) because I know I hate parents who name their sons that.

jezka374 15

I'd reply with well "I hate stereotypical bitches like you"

I guess she's not a fan of the movie, "Like Mike"

Or maybe she prefers the Ike in Mike & Ike.

Yeah word, if your looks are a 9 but your personality is a 3, you're a 3.

63, that would make perfect sense if she had actually known anything about my personality.

llamingo 8

He is talking about the girl I think. She might be cute but has a bad personality

lol so sorry your name is Dick and Richard FYL

nataliewby 25

What? OP's username clearly states his name is Mike. How you got Dick/Richard is beyond me

Looks like she's not worth your time, OP.

you could've covered it and said it was your middle name you've always gone by, then you can come up with a really sick new name for yourself. like Sergio. I think shrek is the real winner though.

Oh yes, because he can do that now after the conversation had already ended. -_-

#53 that's why #7 said "could've" meaning OP can no longer do it but would have been a good solution.

I feel bad for people that think like you.

So start a friendship or potential relationship on a lie, with someone who won't give you a chance because of a name? I do love Shrek though.

and i feel bad that you're an asshole :)

not all the cute ones have great intellectual capacity...

Why are you limiting it to the cute ones? Do you think other humans with different appearances have different levels of intelligence? Sorry but just humans in general can either be smart, stupid, or somewhere inbetween.

Indianboy9321 25

Looks like you're just stupid, not smart or in between. Not every comment on here is trying to incite hatred or ignite flame wars.

Sounds like an amazing person. I would not bother interacting with her again. I However if you are still interested in befriending her you can tell her that maybe you can change her perception of the name.

Should've left your last name out of it. Not everyone can appreciate Mike Hunt.

But she might have liked his brother Yoric Hunt...

17 nobody likes yoric.. his cousin mai dong however. ...