By Anonymous - 11/10/2012 19:03 - United Kingdom

Today, I had to be treated for chemical burns, because my mother got the bright idea of using paint thinner to clean me up after I'd painted our living room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 419
You deserved it 3 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And the reason you lived past infancy is....?

You didn't realize she was about to use paint thinner on your skin?

Comments

The only paint thinner safe for skin is mineral spirits.... As far as I know. I've used it and never had any trouble. If this is what you've used, man up. If it was regular paint thinner, get a brain.

Psych101 9

"Man up"? What's he supposed to do? Threaten his skin? "I swear, if you get chemically burned because of some pansy paint thinner one more time, I will never speak to you again."

rabidpeach 5

when you wash yourself with acetone or miniral spirits you can feel a slight tingle. its meant to quickly dissolve paint, you dont leave it on you any more than it takes the paint to run. should be quick.

Lets pray you got your father's (hopefully) more intelligent genes.

sweetbabysweet93 10
sweetbabysweet93 10

Yeah that's what I wanted. Goodness.

I need back up, someone has stolen a comment! Code blue! Code blue!

Psych101 9

42- Code Blue?! There's a dog fighting ring in my office?!

I'm sure I've said this before, but I don't usually read the comment section before I comment, I do afterwards. Unless I have nothing to say, then I'm all for the comments section.

Sweetbaby, your comment was hardly an original response in the first place. Let's not pretend it is otherwise.

If you apply a little to a paper towel, that is actually a very good way to remove dried paint from hands. Unless you have sensitive skin, some kind of allergy to that chemical, or prolonged contact with it.

I think your mum has sniffed the paint thinner a bit too much and killed off some brain cells

well you let her do it, so dont call her stupid. you didnt know either.

why would you let her get that close to your skin with paint thinner anyways

Why did you let her put paint thinner on you in the first place? :/

perdix 29

Maybe your mom thinks you're too fat, and she is desperate to make you thinner.

Psych101 9

Mom: "We'll I guess I could make him work out more... Or I could just take a few layers off of his skin. Yea, that'll work fine."

No, perdix! Everyone knows that you use PEOPLE thinner for those sorts of things!

nancyschmancy 9

Good god! There is no such thing as people thinner? Alert the presses!

Did you sniff it before letting her do that?

Sharkitaxrscary 12

If your mum is that dumb... she shouldn't have children. Maybe she should have started with a goldfish.

So she could fill the fishbowl with paint thinner and let it swim in that..