By Anonymous - 22/11/2014 15:34 - United States - Waterville

Today, I had to babysit both my neighbor's 3-year-old daughter and my very pregnant cat. I left the room briefly, only to come back to a traumatized 3-year-old crying in horror as my cat gave birth in front of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 554
You deserved it 4 508

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If only it was your neighbor's cat instead, you could've multiplied your rates with each kitten that popped out.

Give her the first kitten that came out and see how she reacts

Comments

And now the momma cat has a story to tell her children when they grow up.

#27, you regularly attended births or something? Seems a bit unprofessional, even on "bring your child to work day"

Llama_Face89 33

29- my dads a general practitioner and used to take me on rounds. Seen everything from births to a kid who hit a van going down Market Hill on a skateboard having his scalp sewn back on. That's a sight a 5 year old will never forget...

Ashd09 30

I'm sure she'll forget it soon. When I was 4 I had the joy of helping birth goat triplets. I went home crying until my mom turned on cartoons and I forgot all about it

Or the mom has told them that story several times.

Oh me next! I have a "cute" story, too...... When I was 4, I had the joy of seeing my dog kill my kitten in front of me. I ran inside crying.... more like freaking the hell out and rocked in the fetal position for hours. Not exactly something cartoons could cure. In any case, witnessing raw birth or death... not something forgettable... especially to someone young that doesn't necessarily understand what they're seeing.

33, that's an image many of us could have lived without :(

what is with everyone saying OP should their cat spayed? They dont have to if they dont want to. They have the right to live their lives the way they want to. Its not like getting their cat spayed now will "fix" the problem though...the cat already gave birth to her litter.

What's with all the downvotes to 39? Did no one learn from Bob Barker!? "Help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered!"

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#83 Yeah but getting the cat fixed now would prevent future litters. Because unless OP has purebred animals she breeds to better the breed, it's irresponsible to breed when there are so many animals living in shelters.

#87 That is your opinion. People need to stop trying to force their beliefs onto everyone else.

justthinkalittle 8

Cat birthing (or any kind of birthing) doesn't happened that fast. OP would have had to be out of the room quite a awhile. Cats also take a lot of time to find a spot, they get panicking and meowy, for a good ten minutes before anything even starts to "pop out. "What concerns me is how long OP left a three year old alone for.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Couldn't have been "briefly."

I'm sure there are exceptions. There is the possibility that Op left the room for a long time, or it's also possible that the cat either delivered extremely fast or didn't show any warning signs. I'm sure if you were to google the fastest birth you would find something crazy. There are always exceptions to the norm. Of course there's also the possibility that the whole story was made up too. I wouldn't just deny the whole thing as possible right away; unlikely maybe.

Eyalsh 32

KITTENS!! best thing ever, so not fyl... but it's not a ydi either. enjoy the best two months till they grow big and get grumpy and.. well.. cats.