By Anonymous - 22/11/2014 15:34 - United States - Waterville

Today, I had to babysit both my neighbor's 3-year-old daughter and my very pregnant cat. I left the room briefly, only to come back to a traumatized 3-year-old crying in horror as my cat gave birth in front of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 554
You deserved it 4 508

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If only it was your neighbor's cat instead, you could've multiplied your rates with each kitten that popped out.

Give her the first kitten that came out and see how she reacts

Comments

"Briefly"... It's not like cats pop out their kittens in 5 seconds, it takes quite a while. You're a horrible baby sitter.

justthinkalittle 8
nitrog100 21

For the record, nowhere did it say that the cat had completed the process. All that was said was that the cat gave birth in front of the child. If OP came back 3 minutes in, (s)he would have arrived "as [their] cat gave birth right in front of her".

justthinkalittle 8

I didn't say the process was compete...it can take up to ten minutes or more for just one kitten or fluid sac to come out... Long enough that it wouldn't have been a sudden... You KNOW when "it's time". I guess it depends on how long you think is acceptable to leave someone else's kid alone for when you're responsible for them, but in my opinion as an experienced baby sitter and daycare worker, that is wayyy to long to leave a three year old alone. I agree with the above post-OP is a horrible babysitter.

littleteapot 21

26 technically the ****** doesn't dilate. the cervix does.

Well now you have kittens to take care of...your daughter will enjoy that

YDI. If you'd had the cat spayed, she never would have gotten pregnant in the first place. (And before y'all go hating and saying "wut if shez a breeder?" I'm going to point out that millions of unwanted animals are euthanized every year. How many of those do you think originated from a "breeder"?)

Some people do not believe in spay/neutering their pets. Not everyone has to agree with your views and it is irrationaland plain dumb to condem them for that.

SrakaSrakasta 20

As long as there are unplaned, unwanted animals dying in thousands every day or living in horrible conditions, then yes, they have to, and me and every other person who is not a "but it's not natural!" fanatic will condem the hell out of them.

People like you who scream and whine about everything everyone else does is why the world is in the condition it is in. Mind your own ******* business. Not your pet or home so keep your nose out of it. We have thousands of parentless children in the world do you suggest we all get neutered too? Just because there are unwanted animals in shelters doesn't mean that you can only have a pet if you follow a set of completely asinine rules made up be people who have 1: no business telling you what to do and 2: no understanding of your beliefs/ financial situation/ or any other of the thousand perfectly okay reasons you don't want or can't spay/ neuter your pets.

By the way Im not a " its not natural " fanatic but I respect people's right to choose what they want. So thanks for speaking for everyone else like you know their opinion you ******* stuck up asshole.

or op adopted/fostered a pregnant cat from a shelter. I recommend that highly. The most fun I have ever had was fostering special needs kittys from the local no kill kitty shelter. Pregnant kittys need homes too! So do small litters of sick babies.

27/33 is your dad an obgyn or a gp? ...........

MzZombicidal 36

They're different people, #57... One has an OBGYN for a father while the other has a GP father. Pretty simple, tbh.

only a moment? I've birthed 3 litters and they don't just fall out of them, you must have been away a while.

If the parents knew your cat was ready to pop and still sent their kid over, it's their own damn fault and they have no right to be pissed. Even if they didn't, shit happens!