By Anonymous - 22/11/2014 15:34 - United States - Waterville

Today, I had to babysit both my neighbor's 3-year-old daughter and my very pregnant cat. I left the room briefly, only to come back to a traumatized 3-year-old crying in horror as my cat gave birth in front of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 554
You deserved it 4 508

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If only it was your neighbor's cat instead, you could've multiplied your rates with each kitten that popped out.

Give her the first kitten that came out and see how she reacts

Comments

I grew up on a hobby farm & saw everything from chick hatching, to goats breeding! I can remember as a toddler helping with my first calving & the calf was a still born! I cried for hours thinking the Momma Cow was also going to die! My Mom just explained something's about life & how the calf was in animal heaven! I'm now a veterinarian technician & love my job! Just explain that Momma cat is all right & that she just saw a baby cat/kitten being born! She may be 3, but its better to educate than it is to distract! She'll be excited once the kittens are dry and squirming around! Just don't touch them for a few days/weeks! Because you want the Momma cat to look after them & some cats refuse to raise there kittens if they smell like human!

DeathBunny8 9

27 - For any non medical persons or someone not related or not consented by the patient to be witnessing anything with a patient seriously breaks patient confidently laws.

Isa_fml 20

She'll be fine. Probably as soon as the kittens are cleaned up and look all sweet and fluffy. :)

vanessa_tranz 15

How long were you gone from the room?

The kid will get over it and then love it when he sees the result in the form of new kittens. Everything is a new experience to a 3 year old, and so they are confused. Explain what happened and they will probably marvel in amazement.

Cats, like people, go into labor before giving birth. Why would you leave a small child with a cat getting ready to give birth? Unless you're blind you had to have noticed she was in labor. ydi