By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 20:23 - United States
Add a comment - Reply to : #
Enonymous - that won't work with most allergic reactions. If someone were allergic to peanuts and had accidentally eaten one, would you tell them to have a glass of water? My sister has an allergy to poison ivy (far worse than most people), touching something that has been in contact with poison ivy, even after it has been washed, has still given her hives on occasion.
73 - I take it you've never had an allergic reaction? Depending on the severity it can be complete agony. The itching can get so terrible it'll drive you mad. Scratching things usually does make it worse, but in some situations it's practically unavoidable. OP, I would have stopped whatever I was doing & gone to a doctor. F that, your boss can get the hell over it! Medical needs first.
Haven't you worn deodorant before? I know a lot of them give me rashes, so I haven't changed the stuff I buy since I first started using deodorant way back when.
FYLD, I'm surprised at you! You've been around here long enough to know that allergies can develop over time. Although I must admit I always thought that only applied to food allergies myself so I'm completely talking out my arse. I'll leave that to DocB or anyone else more learned on the subject. I used to switch all the time but it did make for sensitive skin. It pays to be loyal to your hygiene products, apparently.
Ydi for scratching. You ought to know better than to scratch or maybe, you don't in which case ydi for lacking common sense ...
My deodorant gave me rashes too, but luckily I didn't bleed like OP. I wouldn't blame them for scratching it. It actually starts to hurt if you don't scratch... I had to go through 5 different kinds before I realized unscented was the only one that doesn't give you a rash -_-