By Anonymous - 12/12/2011 20:23 - United States

Today, I had an allergic reaction to my deodorant. My armpits wouldn't stop itching, and by the time my shift was over, they were raw and bloody. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 474
You deserved it 3 713

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PSQ91 6

Stop using those with aluminium in it. That could be the problem.

Comments

Damn op, my wife had the same thing happen to her a couple of weeks ago & it was the same brand deodorant she's used for years....bad batch maybe?

iluvcandy 7

Same thing happened to me go to whole foods and buy it from there. It doesn't get itchy at all. It doesn't have most of the things that regular deodorant have.

I hope you washed it off right after you starte noticing symptoms. I'm sorry, OP!

saraj1995 0

I have the same thing. Get hypoallergenic deodorant. Works awesome takes a few days to get used to it though.

Can't you tell your supervisor that you had an allergic reaction and go and get some help?

I am allergic to aloe vera and aloe barbituous (sp?) leaf juice. I found out between the bleeding "heat" rashes from my old tanning lotion and after shaving my pits with my husbands shaving cream. Try to narrow down what your allergic too so u dont run into this problem again cuz it sucks!

Bloody Mary.. Bloody Mary.. Bloody Mary!

I don't understand why you just didn't wash it off? YDI! For future reference... Un-scented baby wipes take perfume & perfumey smells off of your skin.

If OP was already at work they had probably been wearing it for a bit. Whatever it was about the brand that irritated their skin so much had already been absorbed so I don't know how much help washing would be. If I handle male Guinea Pigs and wash my hands they still burn and itch until I take something.