By argh - 24/02/2010 06:29 - Canada

Today, I had a seizure at work. My boss walked by and saw me, but didn't help or do anything because he thought I was "picking something up off the floor." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 538
You deserved it 2 241

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time don't look like you're picking up something off the ground. Is it really that hard to have a seizure properly?

Comments

FoxhoundEP3 0

Ima have to raise my bullshit flag on this one, if you were having a seizure and depending on how bad it was you wouldn't have been able to see or remember anything. and if you did and depending on which way you were facing (up or down) there's different scenarios, up: whoever "saw u" knows ur not picking anything up, down: you can't see who looked at you. try better next time

riverhed 0

How do you know his boss didn't tell him after the fact that he had seen him on the floor? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure plenty of the stuff on here is fake, but the assumptions and conclusions people jump to with so little information provided is simply ridiculous. OP didn't say "I saw my boss walk by," so why are you assuming that?

There are different types of seizures, not everyone loses conciousness during one.

Pearljammer001 0

your boss is an asshat. wow, my iPod auto corrects 'asshat' as 'sashay'.

FoxhoundEP3 0

riverbed read the fml again, his boss walked by ... how does he know that ? little information ? conclusions? there was plenty more characters left for op to give a better explanation, im basing my opinion on what he's telling,I also clearly stated depending on how bad his seizure was, I know not all seizures are the same .

I agree with #22 the boss could've EASILY told OP after the fact...

There are different types of seizures and not all of them are obvious like the grand mals you see on tv. Even if the boss had noticed, there is not much he could've done except call paramedics. The boss isn't a douche, just an idiot.

If you had a seizure you would still be in the hospital and this site would probably be the last thing you think about when that happened unless your obsessed with this

okay well my brother has seizures and in the beggining he kinda bends down and it looks like he is picking up something but the boss probably didn't think tht and jst didn't bother helping and my brother remembers things tht happened when he was having it sometimes

perdix 29

He should have stood next to you with a stopwatch and when you came to, he could inform you about how much vacation time you just took on your pleasure cruise to the floor. He would then say, "This time I'll sign your Vacation Request Form retroactively, but don't let it happen again!" That's thinking - LIKE A BAWS!

Why would you be in the hospital? A lot of people have epilepsy and don't go to the hospital for every seizure they have.

@39: You don't have to go to the hospital every time you have a seizure. If you have a partial one, all you have to do Is wait it out. And before you say that I don't know anything about seizures, let me tell you that I was diagnosed with epelepsy when I was 7. Don't assume that just because people in TV shows always have to go to the hospital means everybody has to. Make sure your facts are straight before you comment.

Ignorance is bliss... you, my friend, are very ignorant!

That'll teach you to have a seizure during work hours. Be more careful next time. /Seriously though, FYL.

theian01 3

Yeah. My friend's brother has seizures, along with other problems, and he's barely in the hospital.

dinoxchrist 0

you're pretty much an insensitive asshole for that one. not all seizures send you to the hospital, especially if you get them as regularly as i do. say you're sorry! D: awww, fyl OP.

THIS IS JUST A WEBSITE EVERYBODY TAKES THIS SERIOUSLY.

arb1513 0

u don't go 2 the hospital every time u have a seizure, assuming u have epilepsy

imsochill 0

Today, I walked by one of my employees and saw them trying to pick something up so I walked away. Turns out they were having a seizure. FML

Not everyone has to go to the hospital for every siezure.... Most times there nothing they can do except keep the person safe and from hurting themselves until it's over... If you don't know, don't act like you do because it just makes you look dumb...

ILikePopCorn 0

YDI for making your seizures look like your picking stuff up from the floor.

squishy01 0

17- I used to have the worst kind of seizures (Grand Mhaul

squishy01 0

whoops… accidentally hit send. :( Anyway, When I used to have those seziures, I would remember a few details of what happened during the seziure. So OP might have actually remembered that.

JustStopSucking 0

he thought you were doing The Worm

OmgGuessWhatChic 0

YDI for killing michael jackson

kawaiikitty 0

(yay first) Ah. ouch. it's like i'm laughing, but im sad at the same time..

ringmybell_fml 0
FoxhoundEP3 0

if by first you mean third and not counting the replies to the first comment then yaiii ! way to go !!!

Pretty sure if someone has a seizure you're supposed to just move everything away from them and wait for it to stop. Its pretty shitty of your boss to ignore you, but trying to stop someone who is having a seizure is stupid and can't just hurt them... So in short, not much he could have done to help anyways.

lickmyjock 0

Acting a fool with yo pants on the ground!

pants on the ground pants on the ground looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!

uhmmm... are you saying FML because you're never gonna get 'first'? is that your biggest goal in life?

bahaha what a scrub never gunna get first ... kill yourself

lmao, that boss doesn't give 2 fuks about you.

Your boss sucks. Although there isn't very much that he could have done for you, except preventing that you hit your head on a table leg or something.

ThaggleS 0

Well you appear to be fine as you were able to post this on FML so I don't feel bad for you.

050294 0

Just because it starts with "Today" doesn't mean it happened today, idiot. It's just a requirement to put today when posting.

Actually it isn't it's just a guidline but you can erase it.

Have you ever seen one that didn't start with today? it's a requirement.