By panickygrl - 06/11/2011 17:43 - United States

Today, I had a panic attack. Not on a crowded train, or an airplane, or in school, or any of the expected places. It was in my yoga class, which my therapist recommended for me, while I was in a dead-body position. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 754
You deserved it 3 987

Same thing different taste

Top comments

enonymous 8

So that's where my girlfriends learned to do that during sex. ******* Yoga

Comments

1- you might as well have just said "first"

free2speak 14

Well at least he tried. I'll take "congratulations" over the mind numbing "first". Anyway, up until a few years ago, I used to have a lot of panic attacks. the most embarrassing one was in a similar situation as OP's. We were all putting on a demonstration about proper ways to meditate. And all of a sudden I remembered my big Biochem test the next day which escalated into thinking about me possibly failing the class, into ruining my gpa, into not getting into a grad school and next thing I know, I was being rushed to the college nurse. I still have mini panic attacks but that had to be the most embarrassing one.

Yeah. Sounds like a position Dexter would like

I know nothing about Yoga, but I wonder what that position looks like? Do you like stab yourself a few times, then break your arm and however you bleed out is the position?

Damn_Hippster 11

That sounds like a fun sex position

That's what those truly dedicated to yoga do

OP was practicing the "corpse" position in yoga! personally I've never done yoga but my girl is a big fan of it and she said there were times when students actually dozed off in that position!

It's a common pose that it used to train you for sex after marriage, among other things.

enonymous 8

So that's where my girlfriends learned to do that during sex. ******* Yoga

GoodLookingGeese 10

I think there is a perfect place where they can make use of OP since it sounds like she can't handle life to well. I think she can easily recruit to kamikaze squad - they'll be thankful, at least let's hope so they will..

FruityLoooons 8

3- so your woman does into a limp or "dead body" position during sex?

enonymous 8

52 technically she wasn't mine and I'm pretty sure the chloroform had more to do with her being limp

Ah, I see... I prefer Clubbing. Gives you more of a "hands-on" feeling... Then when she's unconscious, we can get a little more "hands-on".

Akumie 6

I like how there's 69 thumbs up on this comment.:U

saIty 17

If I was in your class I would have had a panic attack when it was time for the downward facing dog position.

Sorry if I sound stupid but when does the dead body position look like?

You just lay on your back with all your muscles relaxed.

thelegitlady 0

*facepalm* a dead body...duh!

You sound stupid... Not because you don't know the position but because you put when instead of what.

Sorry. When I type fast I make stupid mistakes like that

I'm thinking like a body would if you just tossed it aside. So splayed out with arms and legs all crooked. Include tongue lolling for effect.

Don't worry yourself, yoga is pretty intense. In fact it's so intense you could have had a self induced ******!

i was doin yoga up in class and when the teacher bent over and i checked out her ass... AND THEN I JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

You should include Trophies in that comment, other wise the people who only play ps3 will get offended

Why not take this excellent chance to offend idiots that play PS3? PC games win.

49- PS3 sucks, it's for poor people who can't afford live or a wireless adapter. The PS3 control also makes me want to bomb japan.

Leahbabe15 0

Who can't afford live? Well at least I can afford an education so I can at least say what I mean. ON TOP of my play station 3 and my brand new car and house. Hahahaha!

I only play PC games normally or PS2. But my bf just recently got me a Xbox, it's amazing! Don't PS3 games only have an 8 hour play through anyhow?? And on top of that. I'd prefer to have an Xbox and PAY for service than to have free service and get a bunch more people who I probably won't like. Same applies to free MMO's

Capt_Oblivious 10

I'm the same way, anytime anything comes around me that involves working out I panic also. That shit is scary.

MrSaxMan 0

No.....that just happens to fat people

I actually cannot do gym class because of panic attacks. So instead I do it through correspondence. If yoga, which is supposed to help causes panicking, then find something else. I'm assuming it was recommended to help you relax, so if it does the complete opposite, try something else. And like someone else said, at least it wasn't at school, or in a crowded place, like it could have been!

awe looks like I'll be joining a yoga class now

awe looks like I'll be joining a yoga class now