By Anonymous - 09/06/2009 17:07 - United States

Today, I had a food allergy test done because of an ugly acne upswing, and after over a year of vegetarianism, I find out that I'm allergic to soy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 173
You deserved it 22 408

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People, seriously, shut the hell up on hating vegetarians. It's a personal choice, and if they're not pushing it on you, then you have no right to be pushing them to eat meat. There are entire countries with the majority of it's people being vegetarian. Do you hate on them? And I really doubt some of you are !00% carnivores. You can't survive on just meat, just so you know. There are other things you can eat besides soy products, and there are other alternatives. Also, you guys aren't being witty or funny with your comments saying, "Oh too bad, just go eat a steak and get over it." You're just sounding like an idiot.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I get that, my throat goes weird... I wouldn't be able to make it being vegetarian if it didn't involve soy so I'm not... Too bad, I don't mind soy meat! Soy is everywhere, from microwaveable popcorn to chocolates and drinks!

Soitgoes74 0

That sucks, but there are lots of other options. Look into seitan, substitute in lots of beans and nuts, and almond milk is really tasty. I'm vegetarian and while I'm not allergic to soy, I try to limit my intake because of all the extra estrogen it can add to a diet. Good luck!

chloe27_fml 0

ahh i'm a vegetarian couldn't do without my fake meat! And number 4 and 11 that makes no sense....

i never hear of anyone being allergic to soy.

15: i'm allergic to soy, fortunately i can stay away from it because i eat animals. :D

Soy's synthetic, you devloped an allergy because you eat to much of it and your bodys rejecting it.

16 - Also eating more of something would cause you to gain a tolerance for it, not cause you're body to reject it, dumbass

magnetic_aura 26

356- That's not true. A lot of people develop allergies after exposure. Like, I used to not be allergic to pineapple or kiwi, but now, after eating them a lot as a kid (because they're DELICIOUS) if I have a bite of either, my throat will close. It happens when you have too much of something, your body reacts like it's an invader and produces massive amounts of immunity to it.

littlemisslee 0

How about a nice, juicy Kobe beef burger?

Reason #802342436346 to not be a vegetarian.